Premier League Thread 2018/19 v3: ARE YOU MORE COMITTED THAN EDEN HAZARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they gave him his actual IRL punchable face in detail. OusmaeDembele's out here as a 100m+ player looking like this

maxresdefault.jpg

<Dylan>
hahahaha still have him in my lineup in career, and it's so funny when he, Dybala, Jesus, Isco and Mbappe come together to celebrate a goal. All face mapped cept for him, looks like someone from the crowd

What I'm saying is that let's say Coutinho is worth £100 m Keita £40m Fabinho £20 m Shaqiri £15m (I'm sticking to midfielders for the point to be clear). Im just making the numbers up and it's not specifically about pool, just the issue itself.

Player lost = Coutinho (+£100m)
Players bought = Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri (-£75m)

If you ask Klopp or any manager if he would prefer to keep working with Coutinho or Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri, what would you think he'd say? He might say one or the other, I don't know but some would say that ONE Coutinho is worth more than those other three together because he's so much better than the other three, hence the price, hence the net spend.

Now, of course it's not always that simple as you point out with Sanchez and so on. Another thing is, you can sell a really great player and buy several not as good players but still make the team stronger (like pool). It's complicated but as a rough instrument, net spend says something, maybe a lot.

Or.......Coutinho = 140m vs Salah + Firminho + Mane = 100m.
Transfer fees are often arbitrary. If PSG hadn't spunked 200m on Neymar, Barca in turn aren't spunking 250m on Dembele/Coutinho.

Point is not how much you spend, but how well you spend it. United have been pretty dreadful for at least 10 years. Pool have been pretty poor too (pre Klopp), but had 3-4 exceptions (Suarez, Coutinho come to mind). They have sold amazingly well though (Torres, Carrol, Sahko, Benteke, Coutinho).

Still a moot point. Since the Glazier's took over United they have taken 1 billion+ in dividends / debt repayments, and seen the club's value increase by 2 billion. While the 500m net spend might seem significant, it's relatively small in real terms.

hahahaha still have him in my lineup in career, and it's so funny when he, Dybala, Jesus, Isco and Mbappe come together to celebrate a goal. All face mapped cept for him, looks like someone from the crowd

I've got him in my CM team too. Paid that release clause with the quickness.

im trusting bossman with my hair tomorrow

has to be crispy

then gonna let it marinate before I go back

in b4

im trusting bossman with my hair tomorrow

has to be crispy

then gonna let it marinate before I go back

in b4

Shame i'm losing mine, pretty damn good at cutting hair.
Would line you up right fam

Find this guy

Dope channel

Shame i'm losing mine, pretty damn good at cutting hair.
Would line you up right fam

Find this guy

Dope channel

wood let you cut my hair

im gonna get zero on the sides and back

keep the top

pretty nice goal from patrick bamford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back