Premier League Thread 2018/19 v2: COYS - Emery OUT - Arsenal v Man City Edition

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit Dumbele with a world class goal

Vaclik has been great but there's nothing anyone is going to do about that strike.

Sergio Rico is out on loan at Fulham?

They can keep him if this is any indication of what Vaclík's season is going to look like.

@Sebbe @Rebelfett @Spoken

Can I be a Liverpool fan instead?
@Rebelfett 's back
giphy.gif

The EPL never really dominated the CL ever, imo. Whilst we were the strongest representative for a 4-5 year stretch (I think we had 3 of 4 semi finalists on 3 occasions), the fact is there have only been 3 CL winners fron the PREM this century. A lot of falling at the final hurdle.

Whilst the level of competition is obviously the biggest factor in determining how gruelling a league is, there are other factors too, which all add up to.
05-09 was pretty strong. At least 1 team in every Final including both in 08. LL from 14-present slightly stronger in terms of Finals but not by much. 3 LL teams to 4 EPL in those respective timeframes. For a difficult competition that is dependent on so many factors I'd say 05-09 was at least somewhat dominant. I guess the Milan's have some say in that tbf.

Didn't England dominate in the late 70's- early 80's with Pool, Villa and Forest?

Dumbele ceiling is Messy level and he is already much better than Rashford, despite being unprofessional as hell lol
Dumbele and Mbappe are easily on another level than Rashford(and I like him). I just like teeing up Blokey on the subject as he makes me laugh with his observations on the topic lol.

Penalty for Sevilla. What a match.

Sevilla has looked super dangerous here.

Fucking Aleix Vidal coming back to haunt Barca.

I'm impressed with Sevilla, they usually lay down against Barca when they get going. This time they fought back and almost sent it to ET.

Machin has drilled them well. Barca wasn't running on all cylinders TBF, but still even a 70% Barca usually steamrolls Sevilla away from the Sanchez-Pizjuan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back