Premier League Thread 2018/19 v17: United Trophyless for Another Season Edition

Will Man United ever win another trophy in your lifetime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sure cut the wage costs for us. <Lmaoo>

......it's just retarded.

Not only are paying a fortune for him, now every player we have or every player we want to sign can cite his 400k+ p/w wages as a bargaining tool.

The more you think about it the more it rates as one of the all time worst transfer deals ever!

skysports-alexis-sanchez-manchester-united_4431055.jpg
You guys are lucky you got there ahead of Pep.

......it's just retarded.

Not only are paying a fortune for him, now every player we have or every player we want to sign can cite his 400k+ p/w wages as a bargaining tool.

The more you think about it the more it rates as one of the all time worst transfer deals ever!
Every current United player who can score 3 goals a season will now want Rooney money.

A dreadful standard has been set.

Well, he actually scores more than Rooney, so of all people, he has the best gripe.

Prime Rooney was pretty prolific when playing at #9, he rarely played there though. He was also playing in teams which shared the goals around a lot more (van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, van Persie, Berbatov, Tevez, Scholes, Saha, Solskjaer etc etc) unlike now where it all focuses on Lukaku.

Cannot see Lukaku ever getting anywhere near the levels prime Rooney reached.

Prime Rooney was pretty prolific when playing at #9, he rarely played there though. He was also playing in teams which shared the goals around a lot more (van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, van Persie, Berbatov, Tevez, Scholes, Saha, Solskjaer etc etc) unlike now where it all focuses on Lukaku.

Cannot see Lukaku ever getting anywhere near the levels prime Rooney reached.
I wouldn’t say it’s focused solely on Lukaku. Alexis has just been an absolute can, incapable of contributing.

Rooney has only had two seasons with more goals than Lukaku had last season. I’m not going to say that he’s a better player than a prime Rooney—but from a goal scoring perspective, he’s not that far off and wouldn’t be surprised if he can get there.

Rooney has only had two seasons with more goals than Lukaku had last season. I’m not going to say that he’s a better player than a prime Rooney—but from a goal scoring perspective, he’s not that far off.

As I said Rooney was rarely a #9.

Andy Cole was a better goal scorer than Eric Cantona......so what?

signed up for another spontaneous last minute run on Wednesday

why do I do this to myself?

I have barely been running since the last one lmao

Lacazette and Aubameyang are quite the duo, congrats on the 5 wins. Cardiff, Vorskla,West Ham, Newcastle and Everton is serious business.

Plenty of goals against City, Spurs and Man U, bud.

Fact is, in a relatively weak 3-4 year spell in PREM history, Sanchez not only failed to elevate Arsenal to title contenders, but they arguably got worse.

Of course it is not totally on Sanchez, but the truly world class players can elevate teams to that next level.

I remember him having one good game against United in 3 and a half seasons......apart from that he was never impressive. And these were far from vintage United teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back