Premier League Thread 2018/19 v17: United Trophyless for Another Season Edition

Will Man United ever win another trophy in your lifetime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
im coming..
giphy.gif

People super salty about that roughing the passer call

Tiger's arse is twitching like a rabbits nose

@UVee @Carl drago

Halsey was AMAZING

One of the best concerts I’ve been to!

@UVee @Carl Diogo

Quick vid.

This was beautiful

She gave a in the feels speech just before it

<2>

Thoughts on Pogba shading Jose?

Fair play to the Utd fans on the fan-cams yesterday, they're keeping it real & pulling no punches.

Don't think it really matters at this point......there is so much mediocrity in the squad at the moment nothing we do is going to turn us into title contenders. For me we are not 1-2 players away, neither. More like 8-9 and that isn't a joke.

We do attack more than people think too......just all our attackers have been terrible.

Valencia, Smalling, Lindelof, Fellaini, Matic, Fred, Sanchez, Lingard, Lukaku and Sanchez are all regular starters for United at the moment.....honestly don't think any of them would make Arsenal or Spurs's starting XI let alone Chelsea, City or Pool's.*

United's current best XI (minus 1-2) looks like what I'd expect our 2nd XI to look like.

Actually think as things stand, United have the 6th best squad in the league and finishing 4th would be over achieving. Got to accept that's the level right now.

*Lukaku would probably get into Chelsea.

Don't think it really matters at this point......there is so much mediocrity in the squad at the moment nothing we do is going to turn us into title contenders. For me we are not 1-2 players away, neither. More like 8-9 and that isn't a joke.

We do attack more than people think too......just all our attackers have been terrible.

Valencia, Smalling, Lindelof, Fellaini, Matic, Fred, Sanchez, Lingard, Lukaku and Sanchez are all regular starters for United at the moment.....honestly don't think any of them would make Arsenal or Spurs's starting XI let alone Chelsea, City or Pool's.*

United's current best XI (minus 1-2) looks like what I'd expect our 2nd XI to look like.

Actually think as things stand, United have the 6th best squad in the league and finishing 4th would be over achieving. Got to accept that's the level right now.

*Lukaku would probably get into Chelsea.
I've been banging on, against the grain, about Utd needing to upgrade/replace Valencia on here for what seems an age. Listening to the fan cams yesterday it seems Utd fans are now all unanimous in wanting to retire him as well. It's 18mths too late though.

Lingard wouldnt get on bench at City, Pool or Spurs. Utd look completely devoid of ideas in attack when he's not on pitch though. Lindelof is too lightweight for prem. You need his passing from out the back but having Fellaini babysit him leaves your midfield undermanned & too open to counters.

You've become Arsenal. The lack of balance all over the pitch is startling.

I've been banging on, against the grain, about Utd needing to upgrade/replace Valencia on here for what seems an age. Listening to the fan cams yesterday it seems Utd fans are now all unanimous in wanting to retire him as well. It's 18mths too late though.

Lingard wouldnt get on bench at City, Pool or Spurs. Utd look completely devoid of ideas in attack when he's not on pitch though. Lindelof is too lightweight for prem. You need his passing from out the back but having Fellaini babysit him leaves your midfield undermanned & too open to counters.

You've become Arsenal. The lack of balance all over the pitch is startling.

I honestly think the attack is the biggest weakness at this point. We're consistently scoring 20-30 less than the leagues top scorers.

Gives us Mane/Firminho/Salah, Sane/Aguero/Sterling, Kane/Eriksen/Alli, hell even Ozil/Auba/Lacca for Sanchez/Lingard/Lukaku I think we'd see an instant improvement. Midfield and defence and crap too, but more serviceable than the attack right now.

We scored 86 in SAF's final season......since then 64, 62, 49, 54 and 68.

Lack of balance is very true. Just don't have the personnel to do anything about it, hence Mata playing RW, Rashford playing LW etc etc.

Fucking hell, @Carl Drogo. You got me browsing the Allen Edmonds site, and I decided a new shoe in walnut was necessary.

<Wenger85>

And @blokeybloke, I may be on the sofa when the missus finds out I bought a new belt.

<Prem973>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back