Premier League Thread 2018/19 v11: The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Will Always Let You Down Edition

Will Spurs win a trophy, any trophy, in your lifetime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right lads, I'm sharing my story infront of a room full of recovering alcoholics for the first time today. Got to sit at the front and talk for 20 minutes solid. Bit nervous tbh. Wish me luck.

Even more nervous after this conversation. Hope I don't slip in any racial slurs by mistake.

hop along sound more like the guy thought he was funny and trying to give off an attitude of being brash and giving zero fucks., I know quick tempered friends who would lose it if he called a mate with a prosthetic ''hop along''.....

....more than anything it shows a complete unawareness of the point of the prosthetic leg in the first place.

Right lads, I'm sharing my story infront of a room full of recovering alcoholics for the first time today. Got to sit at the front and talk for 20 minutes solid. Bit nervous tbh. Wish me luck.

Even more nervous after this conversation. Hope I don't slip in any racial slurs by mistake.

No racial terms, but slip in the odd "Scotch" for shits and giggles.

hop along sound more like the guy thought he was funny and trying to give off an attitude of being brash and giving zero fucks., I know quick tempered friends who would lose it if he called a mate with a prosthetic ''hop along''.....

@Gazwald

Arrange the introduction!

Have a quick drink to take the edge off the nerves.....

I'm sorry. The joke was right there. Too tempting.

Not gonna lie, a bit uncouth. Ive been in a similiar situation it a hard battle.

I like Gaz and know that he also jokes about dark things, so I hope he'll take it well. If he was on here saying how hard he was finding it all of the time, I wouldn't have, but he's been doing great. Also, I've been there with quitting stuff and that's the sort of joke I'd laugh at if it was me.

@Gazwald sorry if I overstepped the line though. MAybe too soon.

I like Gaz and know that he also jokes about dark things, so I hope he'll take it well. If he was on here saying how hard he was finding it all of the time, I wouldn't have, but he's been doing great. Also, I've been there with quitting stuff and that's the sort of joke I'd laugh at if it was me.

I didn't take it as a personal jab or anything from you for what it's worth.

Youre right. @Gazwald has been an allstar with his recovery. I think im just a bit paranoid still worrying everyday about my own health and having watched so many people relapse or worse, i just get a bit sensitive. You were probably fine and i was just acting like @Chules (a snow flake)

Nah, I found it funny. Only just seen it after I got back. It went swimmingly tbf. People said I came across well and I carried a good message.

A woman shared her story on her birthday (17 years sober, she was in her 60s) not long ago, and when it was my turn to speak I said "Happy birthday, careful tho. In a year you'll be old enough to drink." Which got a laugh.

AA meetings are a lot more light-hearted than they're portrayed on TV. We talk about the dark times as a reminder that we don't ever go back there- which can be tough, but we share the good times since we got sober too. We're in recovery which is the best thing that's ever happened to a lot of us, and self-pity leads people to pick up a drink so it's best to stay away from it. There's often some laughs and banter in AA meetings.

Nah, I found it funny. Only just seen it after I got back. It went swimmingly tbf. People said I came across well and I carried a good message.

A woman shared her story on her birthday (17 years sober, she was in her 60s) not long ago, and when it was my turn to speak I said "Happy birthday, careful tho. In a year you'll be old enough to drink." Which got a laugh.

AA meetings are a lot more light-hearted than they're portrayed on TV. We talk about the dark times as a reminder that we don't ever go back there- which can be tough, but we share the good times since we got sober too. We're in recovery which is the best thing that's ever happened to a lot of us, and self-pity leads people to pick up a drink so it's best to stay away from it. There's often some laughs and banter in AA meetings.

My man!

Youre right. @Gazwald has been an allstar with his recovery. I think im just a bit paranoid still worrying everyday about my own health and having watched so many people relapse or worse, i just get a bit sensitive. You were probably fine and i was just acting like @Chules (a snow flake)

I'm not running from alcoholism this time. It just trots along behind conserving its energy and says "keep running mate, you'll get tired before I will."

I'm not hiding from alcoholism this time. It sits outside reading the newspaper and says "I'm fine here. You've got to come out some time."

I'm tackling it head on. Looking it right in the eye, seeing it for what it is and going to meetings as a constant reminder not to let my guard down. Getting stronger by the day bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back