Premier League Thread 2018/19 v11: The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Will Always Let You Down Edition

Will Spurs win a trophy, any trophy, in your lifetime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! In MArbs they were basically charging £100 p/head for VIP and there were no girls that would run up because we were in VIP. Sounds like Valencia's the one!

Even in bars, just book a table (nothing special) get drinks and shisha, they come over. Also I think being black helped as well haha.

My, how Spain has changed.
Oh yeah, that reminds me. I was walking into a bar and some bitch outside saw us and was like "My niggers" or something.

tenor.gif

Fucking couldn't believe it.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I was walking into a bar and some bitch outside saw us and was like "My niggers" or something.

tenor.gif

SMH. There still is that little bit of weird shit that happens. I was chilling with this promoter and we were getting on well as a group (free alcohol flowing) and he asked "can I call you my :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?" I replied, "as you're a nice guy, you get the one that you just said, but never call me that again". Had a couple of other odd little incidents too, but nothing too offensive.

SMH. There still is that little bit of weird shit that happens. I was chilling with this promoter and we were getting on well as a group (free alcohol flowing) and he asked "can I call you my :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?" I replied, "as you're a nice guy, you get the one that you just said, but never call me that again". Had a couple of other odd little incidents too, but nothing too offensive.

Pretty prevalent in Bulgaria too. There is no maliciousness to it and you can put it down to cultural acceptance but still........

Whenever I pipe up and have a go at them, they inevitably think I'm joking.

Pretty prevalent in Bulgaria too. There is no maliciousness to it and you can put it down to cultural acceptance but still........

Yeah, it just makes for an uncomfortable situation. Especially if I was the only black person there.

Still better than when I was in Prague and was told to "go back home" by some bum.

tenor.gif

Sounds like they didn't mean anything by it and some people are just that fucking stupid.

My pal had to politely tell a guy yesterday he didn't actually like being referred to as "hop-along", especially in a room full of people (he has an artificial leg). Dude was totally mystified that it could've bothered him in some way.

Not comparing skin colour to being an amputee, just highlighting how mind-bogglingly stupid some folk are.

LMAO! At least he asked, this bitch full on said it without no remorse.

Sounds like they didn't mean anything by it and some people are just that fucking stupid.

My pal had to politely tell a guy yesterday he didn't actually like being referred to as "hop-along", especially in a room full of people (he has an artificial leg). Dude was totally mystified that it could've bothered him in some way.

Not comparing skin colour to being an amputee, just highlighting how mind-bogglingly stupid some folk are.

Jesus. What a dick thing to do. Unless it's a nickname he liked why would you even go there?

That guy really just loved hip hop and once we spoke about why I didn't want to be called it, he understood and was apologetic, so we were cool.

The cultural thing plays a big part sometimes. I once had a long discussion with an Australian who thought it was fine to call asians "paki", because it was just an abbreviation and in Australia, loads of people say it and Pakistanis didn't mind. I found it odd but could understand that it was different over there.

I explained that the history of it was very different over here and that it was an insult and has decades of history behind it where people were getting called that in the street while being spat at and having it spray painted on their front doors etc... fucker still wouldn't budge and said that Brits were just too soft.

Every Bulgarian chef I worked with was like that tbh. No malice as you say but car crash levels of awkwardness regarding race. Literally couldn't see how someone could be offended by it.

Yeah, it just makes for an uncomfortable situation. Especially if I was the only black person there.

Still better than when I was in Prague and was told to "go back home" by some bum.

I told that old "racist" joke the other day, and none of them seemed to get the point I was making.

What do you call a black man who flies an aeroplane?

Pause.....

A pilot, you racist cunts.

I told that old "racist" joke the other day, and none of them seemed to get the point I was making.

What do you call a black man who flies an aeroplane?

Pause.....

A pilot, you racist cunts.

i didn't get the joke either when you first posted it tbf lmao

:D

Jesus. What a dick thing to do. Unless it's a nickname he liked why would you even go there?

That guy really just loved hip hop and once we spoke about why I didn't want to be called it, he understood and was apologetic, so we were cool.

The cultural thing plays a big part sometimes. I once had a long discussion with an Australian who thought it was fine to call asians "paki", because it was just an abbreviation and in Australia, loads of people say it and Pakistanis didn't mind. I found it odd but could understand that it was different over there.

I explained that the history of it was very different over here and that it was an insult and has decades of history behind it where people were getting called that in the street while being spat at and having it spray painted on their front doors etc... fucker still wouldn't budge and said that Brits were just too soft.

Yeh, had a mate move to Oz and he said exactly the same thing. The word has no offensive connotations behind it over there lol

hop along sound more like the guy thought he was funny and trying to give off an attitude of being brash and giving zero fucks., I know quick tempered friends who would lose it if he called a mate with a prosthetic ''hop along''.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back