Premier League Thread 2017/18 v79: Chelsea V Barcelona Champions League Match Edition -thread closed

Who would win in a pizza eating contest?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They plan on reducing the league to 20 sides until some potentially relegated club barra bravas start threatening Tapia on Whatsapp or throw another fan from the bleachers to the ground and they force to keep it at 28 teams.

Lol.

I've never heard the logic behind making it so big just to bring it down again a few years later. The Argentinian league has dropped off in quality pretty bad in the last decade or so. Used to be a close 2nd to Brazil in the hemisphere, now they're arguably 3rd behind Mexico.

<{yahyou}>

i'll make it lads

don't worry!

giphy.gif

Lol.

I've never heard the logic behind making it so big just to bring it down again a few years later. The Argentinian league has dropped off in quality pretty bad in the last decade or so. Used to be a close 2nd to Brazil in the hemisphere, now they're arguably 3rd behind Mexico.

<{yahyou}>
<{hfved}>

The structure of the Superliga has been something they've been wanting to develop for years as there was too many teams and it's always been a mess. They thought restructuring to this Superliga would change that and that they could drop it to 20 teams only. That didn't turn out as planned and they ended up with 28 teams and are still talking about dropping it to 20, but I would like to see them try and drop 8 teams to second division without it being a major issue.

One could argue at it's peak, they were the best league in America. Now, yeah, I agree, it's #2 behind the Brasileirao, but I would def. not rank Liga MX above it. Sure there's a ton of corruption among AFA and they are a much poorer league than Liga MX, but the clubs are so much better.

Boca and River will always be big dogs in the CONMEBOL competitions and then the rest will always be around -- Racing, Independiente, Lanús, San Lorenzo, Estudiantes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back