Premier League Thread 2017/18 v26: Wenker Is Lucky The Game Is At Home Edition

Do you have a bigger cockroach than Lukako?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BRYAN ROBSON: Klopp and Conte can act like lunatics but Mourinho is punished... it will be a disgrace if he is banned again

44B157D700000578-0-image-m-1_1506327513368.jpg

Klopp does it every single game.

wood drink hayleybaebless' vomit

boost my own immune system imo

choon for the morning

havea good one guys

It started with Colin Kaepernick kneeling for the national anthem and stating afterwards it was because he refused to stand up to show pride in a flag for "a country that oppresses black people and people of color." It's obviously not the case in America anymore, and I'd challenge anyone to find me a law that says otherwise. The things that sparked it off (in addition to the influence of his girlfriend) were all the Black Lives Matters protests, which essentially promoted the notion that cops were out using blacks as target practice without repercussion. He picked the national anthem as his protest, knowing full well that many Americans take respect for the flag as an important matter. Call it thin skinned if you will, but I'd chalk it up to a cultural difference. Veterans in particular have had issues with mistreatment due to controversial wars in our country's past, and vets and their supporters take things like flag burning personally.

Kaepernick knows this good and well, and in his own words,"It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens." He'd say it wasn't anything to do with hating America, but he'd indicate otherwise and show up to the pressers wearing things like Castro t-shirts.

The media, who was already turning every white cop on black civilian encounter turned violent/deadly into a national story, sunk their race-baiting teeth into things and turned this into the top news story in sports for over a year. Now you have people pissed on both sides--the side that thinks the NFL should do their protesting off the clock and the side that thinks an NFL team should be forced to hire a backup quarterback who brings with him a pile of negative attention. People are getting annoyed, which brings me back to my original point, that people just want all this political garbage out of their sports.

It's gotten so bad, that even my iPhone has recognized it, and it tuned my ESPN shortcut logo into ABC News. <Lmaoo>

IMG_9756.jpg

(The original 4 logos that came with the iPhone, for all you savages lining jokes up over the Disney link).

Nobody's burning any flags, yet I keep seeing that term pop up. Is it just a figure of speech or is it just a way to stoke the flames?

Were officers not shooting innocent black people for no good reason and getting away with it? The cop that killed Tamir Rice lost his job, but not for the shooting. Meanwhile Justine Damond gets killed and the cop is immediately named and investigated and the Police chief is fired. The way it was covered by the meida was very different and the way the masses reacted was different too. BLM, may have morphed into something else over time, but I don't see how their initial message could offend any reasonable person.

The fact that there are cases where cops are freely discussing killing black people doesn't help:

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/new...-and-video-about-killing-black-people-6912786

Then you have cops "joking" about only killing black people and people even defending his comments.

Either way, I agree that I would prefer if people didn't use the sport as a platform, but calling it a "fairly ignorant, racist statement directed at the country as a whole" seems a tad strong of a statement.

Trumpo acting a fool and riling up the masses isn't helping either. Him dropping the "you're fired" line. Really?

<36>

BTW, nice to have a non flame war chat about it, bro.

Losing my shit to Attack on Titan, am I a weeb now??

Quality show. Only drawback is the random overly emotional outbursts that you get with Anime. I'm half way through death note at the moment and it's one of the best things I've watched in a while.

Quality show. Only drawback is the random overly emotional outbursts that you get with Anime. I'm half way through death note at the moment and it's one of the best things I've watched in a while.

Watching it over my breakfast, suddenly realised how emotionally invested I was <{blankeye}>

Only other show I've watched was One Punch Man, enjoyed that but it was more like a comedy spoof.

You heard of Seven Deadly Sins?

Anything on that Brighton striker getting a ban? If he was playing for one of the big teams there would be uproar over it. Trump taking over football news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back