Premier League Thread 2016/17 v142: Judas is still number 1 . . .

Do you think United can win the Europa league?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see United draw someone their level in Anderlecht

A lot of interesting subplots inside this match.

Great call on the Brazilian battle. I figure Bonucci, Barzagli or Chiellini will come out to deal with any Neymar incursions if he passes the defense in the midfield and Barca should be ready for Alves' forward assaults(however I expect him to get a couple of juicy opportunities).

Sandro worries me on Juve's left/Barca's right as whoever plays there(except broken ankle Vidal) has been a liability. Only Umtiti has the footspeed to deal with that and Dybala(although no one really has the footspeed to deal with him.)

Would be amazing if both sides open it up in their 3 at the back formations. Juve certainly will, but Barca might only if down which seems likely in or after the first leg.

Some old titans in this match. Iniesta, Chiellini, Marchisio, Mascherano, Buffon, Alves etc...

Juve WILL win in Torino, but if Barca can grab an away goal that will be huge for the return leg imo.
Dybala WANTED Barca next. Kid wants that crown.

I think Bonucci's verticals & Dybala's flicks/through passes will have more of an impact than Sandro does concerning link ups with Mandzukic, tbh. Alex will stay conservative, imo. Got his hands full tracking & helping stifle Messi in the half spaces.

I can see Barca getting undone by a header from a set piece. They're quite a small side.

Khedira's a bit meh

Every Club are vulnerable defensively, when playing up at this level.

Last edited:
Dybala WANTED Barca next. Kid wants that crown.

I think Bonucci's verticals & Dybala's flicks/through passes will have more of an impact than Sandro does concerning link ups with Mandzukic, tbh. Alex will stay conservative, imo. Got his hands full tracking & helping stifle Messi in the half spaces.

I can see Barca getting undone by a header from a set piece. They're quite a small side.

I hope and pray for Dybala everyday soon. MSN will not last forever.

I see your reasoning about Sandro but I think he will have free roam down that side because Messi will more than likely cut inside and attack the central defense like usual and initiate his play/attacks from there while having Roberto/Rafinha to provide the outlet on the RW. Both overlapping from their original attacking position. If/when Juve grab possession that LW will be open, they will try to counter on it, Umtiti/Pique/Masch either overplay or get themselves in a full retreat leaving Juve with the attack at their disposal.

Very respectable and enticing matchup.

Evolution passes everyone by.

like button

3ea.gif

They sorted his thyroid gland out yet ?
They know what it is and the first part of the treatment went very well, Dortmund released an official statement a few days ago.

If everything goes well he can start training in early summer and will be back for next season

Right lads, I'm away from my computer at the moment and making a decent thread from my phone is a task. Now I know nobody wants to make a new thread (hence us being 5 pages over already). So what I'm going to do is controversial, I will lock and unsticky this thread in 20 minutes. If a new thread is not ready by then, we all go in limbo until the new thread is made.

20 minutes starting in . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . . 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back