Premier League 2018-19 v48: Blockeys January transfer target edition

Who finishes in Top 4

• City ... Pool ... Chelsea ... Utd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi's contract pretty much is going to have it like that for a while.
When he's done in a few and Coutinho and Dembele fuck off somewhere else, our wages will be hilaroiusly low.
What is Leo on a week?

Pep is 6mths ahead of Klopp with tweaking tactics to break down low blocks. Klopp had to prioritize getting a VVD in to plug DEF hole(only conceded 5 gls this season).

Klopp losing Ox to injury hurt his chances of bridging the 3 metronome gap in quality City have. While getting Fabinho & Keita prem ready.

Lallana needs upgrading too.
The problem with Citeh is going to be injuries. Really what happened at Bayern too.
I'm obviously not one of those people who poke holes in Pep's tactics and success, I think he's been about as grassroots and perfect as a manager can be, ever, but he was absolutely blessed that he never had to deal with a lot of injuries during his Barcelona tenure. Messi's initial injury that took him down from TITAN status to a mere god happened the year Villanova took over and Barca has never really been the same.

See, pundits get so wrapped up in "Pep's game", they ignore that he can shape formations and tactics around players. Yes, he needs and desires specific player, but you notice how different City play when Bernardo is the only Silva on the pitch. Things get wider, meaner, and imo more aggressive and efficient (no hate to D.Silva, who is in fine form), but for some reason that doesn't seem to be sustainable over a few games.

In Jan City are bound to have a big injury. I feel it coming. That's where I think Liverpool pounce and start picking up those sloppy 4-3 wins while City sees more 1-1 draws. It's gonna be a war of attrition and I think Klopp has the blessing and curse of a more open playbook. I think this Pool team would play the same type of football if you changed 5-6 players from the starting 11. Can we say that about City?

Messi's contract pretty much is going to have it like that for a while.
When he's done in a few and Coutinho and Dembele fuck off somewhere else, our wages will be hilaroiusly low.
Because you won't sign a star or two for Messi and Coutinho?

Because you won't sign a star or two for Messi and Coutinho?
At that wage? I doubt it man. Messi gets a new contract quite often and has been on a crazy wage for 7 years now. I mean, yes, the transfer fee for whoever we get will be large obviously considering we have a warchest and reputation of overpaying, but I highly doubt we'll pay even a Dybala or a Pogba what Messi has amassed over a decade with us.

Pogba makes close 1/2 what Messi makes a week.

$667k a week according to Forbes

So about same as Alexis

Messi, Busquets, Pique, Roberto all been with the team for a while, big contracts (Depending on how you view Roberto's)
Alba starting negotiations soon
Rakitic signed a new one not long ago, Suarez with a big contract.

We're gonnna trim it down in the future, even with new signings, for sure. Literally can't afford to keep this going.

The problem with Citeh is going to be injuries. Really what happened at Bayern too.
I'm obviously not one of those people who poke holes in Pep's tactics and success, I think he's been about as grassroots and perfect as a manager can be, ever, but he was absolutely blessed that he never had to deal with a lot of injuries during his Barcelona tenure. Messi's initial injury that took him down from TITAN status to a mere god happened the year Villanova took over and Barca has never really been the same.

See, pundits get so wrapped up in "Pep's game", they ignore that he can shape formations and tactics around players. Yes, he needs and desires specific player, but you notice how different City play when Bernardo is the only Silva on the pitch. Things get wider, meaner, and imo more aggressive and efficient (no hate to D.Silva, who is in fine form), but for some reason that doesn't seem to be sustainable over a few games.

In Jan City are bound to have a big injury. I feel it coming. That's where I think Liverpool pounce and start picking up those sloppy 4-3 wins while City sees more 1-1 draws. It's gonna be a war of attrition and I think Klopp has the blessing and curse of a more open playbook. I think this Pool team would play the same type of football if you changed 5-6 players from the starting 11. Can we say that about City?
Already running risk of turning Fernandinho into a glue pot

His back ups - Gundogan has glass ankles, Delph is fragile too. Bernardo's health is the absolute key to City winning title.

David Silva is great for breaking mid to bottom table low blocks but is pretty poor against top side defences.

Klopp has a fresh Fab/Keita to blend in during busy Xmas period. And Ox to come back post Jan window.

I'd feel more confident if 2nd stringer Hendo wasn't such a pussy when pressed. Great ball sprayer but a complete coward when pressed in gm's after 60min mark.

Kroos shudda left in summer & raped a club with a silly wage demand.

If Klopp snagged Lozano in January window, i'd put a few quid on pool to win title.

We are just pretending de Bruyne isn't a key City player then, I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back