Premier League 2017/18 Thread v.52: The Boys Are Back In Town Edition.

Who Will Last The Longest?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have been watching Madrid for the past 2 seasons, you know they have always played this way — uncoordinated mess relying solely on individualism to score a goal however they can.

It was only a matter of time before the players slowed down and they got exploited.
Exactly, everytime things dont go their way early on or their opponent doesnt lay down they just lob balls in the box and pray for a miracle despite having more talent than 99% of their opponents.

PSG lost to some unknown French side 2-1 and Madrid draw against Athletic Club 0-0.

GenuineCraftyAmurminnow-small.gif

x 1,000
After getting robbed of 2 more points to start the day it has ended up almost as well as I could've hoped.

<13>

Exactly, everytime things dont go their way early on or their opponent doesnt lay down they just lob balls in the box and pray for a miracle despite having more talent than 99% of their opponents.
This is all Zidane has done tactically since he took over the job.

If Zidane wasn’t managing one of the most stacked squads in the world, he’d have not accomplished anything.

You take off your best offensive midfielder (isco) and surprise surprise your build up goes to shit.
I thought last week Isco was dribbling too much and not making things happen. I saw it all over how he should've been the one taken off first against Atleti.

That was my whole point tho. The system/formation was wrong

I'm looking at all his games. He was so garbage against Benfica he got yanked at HT. In a 4-2-3-1 again.

3 ATB suits him.

Mhki needs giving a shot in this system too is all i'm saying.

Maybe, speculation at this point.

United have been at their best this season playing 4-2-3-1 though, imo, admittedly against weaker teams. We won vs Spurs and Arsenal, granted but we were not particularly good in either game.

Can't remember but I think Miki was poor in a 3-4-3 at Chelsea, himself.

Basically the whole team is lacking in consistency regardless of formation

@El Che, @Da Speeit, @blokeybloke

This is the typical response of Madridistas... He wins the league and the CL — “oooooooooooooof F-UUUUU GUARDIOLA ZIZOOOOOHHHH IS THE GOAT MANAGER!!!!”

Loses some games “ZIDANE YOU BALD FRENCH CLUELESS CIRCUMZISED HEADED BAFOON!!!!!”
Had it on in background.

How did Benzema do? Saw Kroos shank a few. Attack looked a bit predictable. Might have to get the chequebook out for Lewa.

Not easy breaking deep blocks down week after week.

They got lucky. Yes they planned to play on the counter cause they had no other choice. But no one plans to go give those numbers away and expect anything from the match. This isnt even a great arsenal team

Maybe, and this is crazy, but perhaps the state of the game ie being 2 goals up, dictated how United played somewhat?

Selling Morata and keeping Benzema was a huge mistake. I will forever love Morata for 3 reasons:

MD_20140930_MAS_DEPORTE_D_54416481468-652x492@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

@El Che did you see Rulli today against Atleti?

Unbelievable performance. Up there with his performance against Barça at Anoeta some a little while ago when la Real beat them 1-0 at Anoeta.

Sampaoli should get sodomized by Argentine barra bravas if he doesn’t call him up for the World Cup.

@El Che did you see Rulli today against Atleti?

Unbelievable performance. Up there with his performance against Barça at Anoeta some a little while ago when la Real beat them 1-0 at Anoeta.

Sampaoli should get sodomized by Argentine barra bravas if he doesn’t call him up for the World Cup.
Yea, he was under siege. He is phenomenal. I think Romero still deserves to start as he is solid everytime out but Rulli should be on the squad. Same with Guido who continues to impress.

Edit: Looking forward to see how Pizzaro performs next week at the Bernabeu

Selling Morata and keeping Benzema was a huge mistake. I will forever love Morata for 3 reasons:

MD_20140930_MAS_DEPORTE_D_54416481468-652x492@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

I was beyond happy when they decided to sell him and keep Benzema. He's younger and better all around than Benz. I couldn't believe it.

Maybe, speculation at this point.

United have been at their best this season playing 4-2-3-1 though, imo, admittedly against weaker teams. We won vs Spurs and Arsenal, granted but we were not particularly good in either game.

Can't remember but I think Miki was poor in a 3-4-4 at Chelsea, himself.

Basically the whole team is lacking in consistency regardless of formation
3-4-2-1

Chelsea have been playing 3 ATB for almost a season & a half now tho, mate. Tough ask that game was, especially w/out Paul.

It takes time to really flourish. Spurs took a while to get used to it early last season. Today, whilst a good win, was unacceptable defensively too, tbf. Bailly & Jones cant come back quickly enough for you. Rojo's a complete head the ball.

Just think Mhki would suit the inverted winger role in a 3-4-2-1 system better. He would be great in the half spaces if you played Ash at RWB. He's got really good feet for breaking lines. Certainly better than Lingard's.

Lingard has pace to come off bench.

Missed the United/Arsenal game. Recorded MOTD so will watch it when I get home.

Seems that DDG had a blinder, apparently equallng a record for amount of saves in a game.

I'm sure the arsenal fans are gutted after all those attempts, possession and penalty calls.

Lots of talking points, but the only points I guess that really matter in football are the 3 you get for a win.

Missed the United/Arsenal game. Recorded MOTD so will watch it when I get home.

Seems that DDG had a blinder, apparently equallng a record for amount of saves in a game.

I'm sure the arsenal fans are gutted after all those attempts, possession and penalty calls.

Lots of talking points, but the only points I guess that really matter in football are the 3 you get for a win.
Don't blink, mate. Very entertaining game. You'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back