Premier League 2017/18 Thread v.48 - It's the taking part that counts edition

Who would you bet on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't they literally used an entire different starting XI for their EL games? Only game I saw was the 0-0 with Belgrade, and that seemed to be a definitive "B" team.
Pretty much

Haven't they literally used an entire different starting XI for their EL games? Only game I saw was the 0-0 with Belgrade, and that seemed to be a definitive "B" team.
It was practically baby gooners with our bench warmers.

I mean that list looks bad obviously, but the majority of those haven't missed too much time. (League games missed to injury so far....12 games total).

Kane- 1
Toby- 2
Dembele- 5
Wanyama- 10
Rose- 9
Davies- 1
Trippier- 1
Winks- 0
Alli- 1
Lamela- 12

It's quite bad I suppose, but don't think you could go as far as to call it a crisis, and I dare say it's not much worse than others.
Its all niggly stuff that has stopped them from fielding a settled side & hitting their stride.

Wanyama & Dembele is their engine. He brought young kid Winks in to replace one & he's overachieved. Now he's injured too. Dier replaced other but now he's having to replace Toby at the back. Sissoko is a jobber with little creativity & he had to play him at CM today instead of where he's used to playing out wider.

Kane & Alli are carrying knocks. He rested Kane against your lot to play him in Real match a few days later and still came within an Alli missed sitter of turning you over.

Rose is injured & his back up Davies has also missed 1/3 of Lg gm's.

I watch them every week. Hard to keep up with the log of weekly readjustments Pochs faced. Staying 2nd/3rd while doing so well in CL group stage was incredible, tbh.

They're really patched up right now & still have key players playing through injuries

Last edited:
they played a strong ish team against cologne because I guess they thought that would be the group decider.

Arsenal on their day will give anyone a game.

Ozil shut some people up today. Hope his teammates show up more often for him here on out.

Lacca ironed 3 good defenders out today. He found pockets in between LWB & 2 CB's & wreaked havoc.

Spurs finishing was poor & Muz put in some really great blocks.

The difference in the end was still only 2 disputable goals.

Poch got as much out of his patched up XI as he could & they fell short. No shame in that. Taking Kane & Alli off was smart.

Last edited:
I lost
This kid was so good, but i was working my game and the ref was not feeling it lmaooo my friends and training partners were saying i was doing well he just kept racking points up for not really passing; i dont know how known bjj scoring is but you have to control a position to get points and i was fighting him on everything and getting my foot in or hipping out immediately.

He was a beast ill just leave it at that. Cut way more than i did, was half dead and gassing toward the end and i feel like the ref fucked me out of my shine but it is what it is.

Something really shady happened too, ill post it in a bit, but its so crazy i cant even really think about it too hard or ill get mad.

End of the day ive only spent a couple of months in the gi and it was awesome spending the past couple of months training like a savage and eating super healthy.

Its a double edged sword though, because i know i gave him the toughest fight he's ever had and that kid def aint the toughest ive ever fought which is the only thing that sucks.

Def never cutting that much again. I feel great but i was just weak on a lot of stuff i use. This was good tho.

Thanks everyone for the love, ill post the drama later but its pretty slimy and im way more motivated to train harder <3

I lost
This kid was so good, but i was working my game and the ref was not feeling it lmaooo my friends and training partners were saying i was doing well he just kept racking points up for not really passing; i dont know how known bjj scoring is but you have to control a position to get points and i was fighting him on everything and getting my foot in or hipping out immediately.

He was a beast ill just leave it at that. Cut way more than i did, was half dead and gassing toward the end and i feel like the ref fucked me out of my shine but it is what it is.

Something really shady happened too, ill post it in a bit, but its so crazy i cant even really think about it too hard or ill get mad.

End of the day ive only spent a couple of months in the gi and it was awesome spending the past couple of months training like a savage and eating super healthy.

Its a double edged sword though, because i know i gave him the toughest fight he's ever had and that kid def aint the toughest ive ever fought which is the only thing that sucks.

Def never cutting that much again. I feel great but i was just weak on a lot of stuff i use. This was good tho.

Thanks everyone for the love, ill post the drama later but its pretty slimy and im way more motivated to train harder <3
Dude, so fucking impressed with you for having the balls to go for it.

Keep at it.

I lost

tumblr_nofbtcMVbw1tqptlzo1_500.gif

I lost

Da Kneekonbelly

Alright so i'm less pissed and can actually type this out now.
so basically about 3 weeks ago, this huge dude shows up at our gym, says he trained at Ribeiros, etc, military, canadian, all this shit. He's really damn good, like reeallly good. Never shows up again. One night, never see him again.

Until I saw him today hanging out with my opponent a couple of hours before our match, wearing his fucking gym insignia. Mannnnn how fucking whack and slimy is that shit dude. I called him out afterward. Just fucking lowball move dude. Like why?

so basically about 3 weeks ago, this huge dude shows up at our gym, says he trained at Ribeiros, etc, military, canadian, all this shit. He's really damn good, like reeallly good. Never shows up again. One night, never see him again.

Until I saw him today hanging out with my opponent a couple of hours before our match, wearing his fucking gym insignia. Mannnnn how fucking whack and slimy is that shit dude. I called him out afterward. Just fucking lowball move dude. Like why?
giphy.webp

You got had, that's fucking shit man. You'll do better next time, you said the weight cut drained you too much yeah?

giphy.webp

You got had, that's fucking shit man. You'll do better next time, you said the weight cut drained you too much yeah?
I lost some strength, for sure, but it was necessary. It will be back, I'll be back. Just watched the match. Man, he was big and strong. I thought i was big for 141 (that's 137 at least with the gi on), this dude was fucking huge. I'm not mad at anything I did technically, I pushed and pushed and pushed, wasn't gassed or tired at all.

It's whatever, we'll both be bluebelts by march (I promise you this sandbagging fuck gets his on monday) and hopefully I'll see him at pan ams. I'll shoot a message if I have to.

Last edited:

Jesus, what a fucking cunt

I lost

Actually going through it is the most invaluable experience you could've had mate, you know what to do and you'll refine everything and be back! Respect for going forward with something most people, like me, would only dream about trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back