Premier League 2016/17 Thread v97: The cup competitions continue

Will United and Liverpool meet in the final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the sentiment in wanting to manage Inter or Lazio but one is an under achieving club and the other is fan base filled with scumbags in a terrible league.
Atleti were an underachieving club before Cholo took up the challenge.

Also, before Atleti, Cholo had never managed a big club and he's had mixed results managing other clubs he had no prior relationship too.

He has played for both Lazio and Inter, thus why he would prefer managing them to any other clubs.

Also, if we're to lash out clubs due to facists or racists history, then there's clubs that are just as bad as Lazio.

And Serie A is far from terrible. It's actually one of the most technical leagues in Europe. It's not appealing to everyone, but it's actually very good.

@Tules and cech are frustrated about the same thing...shitting the bed..figuratively and legitimately.

Cech frustrated with lack of clean sheets
Petr Cech is not happy with Arsenal's inability to regularly keep a clean sheet this season, although he is pleased with his own form.

Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech has admitted his poor clean sheet record this campaign is frustrating him.

The 34-year-old went on an eight-game run without keeping a clean sheet in November and December, the worst record of his Premier League career.

He since did not concede in the wins over West Brom and Crystal Palace, but still finds himself on a mere six clean sheets in the English top flight in 2016-17.

Cech is adamant winning is what matters most, but his low number of clean sheets is not going down well with the experienced goalkeeper.

"The most important thing is obviously that the team wins but it is good sometimes to have a clean sheet and that solid base at the back," Cech told the club's official website.

"So far it is a kind of a different campaign because I think I have been doing well but if you take clean sheets, we had a run of games where we conceded at least one goal.

"We have conceded a number of penalties in games where the penalty was the only goal [we conceded], so sometimes you have these runs which are a bit unlucky against you but you would like to do something extra and find one extra save."

Nevertheless, even though he has conceded more often than he would like to, Cech is still pleased with his form in general this season.

"Overall it is a season in which I am playing at the level I need to be at," he added.

"You want to improve every game and keep the standard up the whole time.

"You do not want to have a period where you are not doing so well or you are not where you should be, which has not happened yet so hopefully I can keep it like that."

Makelele joins Clement at Swansea
Paul Clement has delved into his contacts book to bring former Paris Saint-Germain colleague Claude Makelele to Swansea City.

Claude Makelele has joined Swansea City as assistant coach to new boss Paul Clement.

Two-time Premier League winner Makelele and Clement worked together at Chelsea and under Carlo Ancelotti at Paris Saint-Germain, while the former France international has managerial experience with Bastia in Ligue 1.

A feted defensive midfielder in his playing days, Makelele will be looked upon to shore up a Swansea back line that has conceded more goals than any other side in the top flight this season.

Leaking 45 goals in 20 games has contributed to Swansea's slide down the table. The Swans are 19th, but just a point adrift of fourth-bottom Crystal Palace, who they beat 2-1 shortly after Clement had been confirmed as Bob Bradley's successor.

Makelele's appointment is Clement's latest in a sweeping change of Swansea's backroom staff that saw club legend Alan Curtis removed from first-team duties.

Swansea were eliminated by the Premier League's bottom club Hull City in the FA Cup last weekend and will face Arsenal at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday without Neil Taylor, who is set for an undetermined spell out of action after fracturing his cheekbone in training.

he's gonna leave her in a state after he splits with her

fuckkkkkkkkk

she was just getting better again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back