Premature Testosterone Loss?

Joe Gomez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Asking for a friend...

Is it possible to drop your testosterone levels prematurely if you've engaged in heavy-duty sports/competition (MMA, wrestling, football, etc.) throughout the early part of your life (teens-early 30s)?

Unlikely. If anything, athletics are going to improve test production. However, if you then transfer to a very sedentary life style, I could imagine a drop in levels that certainly makes it feel as if your test is low.

Unlikely. If anything, athletics are going to improve test production. However, if you then transfer to a very sedentary life style, I could imagine a drop in levels that certainly makes it feel as if your test is low.
Makes sense. I'll let my friend know.

I wonder if there's any scientific data regarding this particular topic/inquiry.

I wonder if there's any scientific data regarding this particular topic/inquiry.

Testosterone levels in males and how it's affected by certain activities/lifestyle choices?

Nah, probably not. It's a pretty new field of research.

Depends how much creatine and protein shakes you took while you were training.

Not really sure what the question is.

Are we talking about brain damage hurting test production after retirement? Obviously it's on a scale. But yes, it could effect it from not at all to a lot.

Are we just talking insane over training? Yes, but only on an extremely short term. In mma training you will get injured far sooner from overtraining than to acquire some insane permanent damage to the endocrine system

i train a guy who is 57 and had a liver transplantation 15 months ago after absuing alcohol and hard drugs for over 40 years. he got meds who made his breast grow to counterbalance some hormonal stuff going on after the transplantation. he also got brain damage from liver failure and can't move the weights in a good rom. however, within a year of progressive weight training and a almost healthy diet he could build significant muscle, especially to his arms because he is a curl addict.

i don't believe in all this low testosterone gossip. just lift good, stick to the routine and don't embrace excuses. if this guy can build muscle and strength, everybody can.

Back