Prem Thread post season 2017/18 v3: Wooooooow really ?

Did you enjoy the Champions League 2018 final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dr J @Chris Partlow @Sexy @Nowhere Fast @LEWIS540 @UltimateVictory

4CA88D1700000578-5774987-image-a-133_1527370210611.jpg

4CA86B3200000578-5774987-image-a-136_1527370256515.jpg

4CA7D49D00000578-5774987-image-a-62_1527362970051.jpg

4CA8655D00000578-5774987-image-a-137_1527370309362.jpg

4CA7DC3100000578-5774987-image-m-70_1527363572581.jpg

I'm at the stage of life where I'm "fuck it, it's only a fucking game of football", but i've been there before.

Still, I don't really take joy in the suffering of others, even if it is Liverpool!

If only there was a team who Real couldn't beat in CL this season

Poch2.png

Win as a team, lose as a team - Liverpool captain Henderson not blaming Karius
resize

May 26, 2018 3:19 PM

Loris Karius endured a nightmare outing as Liverpool went down to a 3-1 Champions League final defeat against Real Madrid in Kiev.

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson insisted it was not right to lay the blame on Loris Karius after the goalkeeper's error-strewn display handed Real Madrid a 3-1 win in the Champions League final.

Gareth Bale came off the bench to score a remarkable 64th-minute overhead kick that put Madrid 2-1 in front, but the Welshman's second seven minutes from time and Karim Benzema's opener early in the second half were both down to howling mistakes from Karius.

Benzema stuck out a boot to intercept an ill-advised throw from the former Mainz keeper, who fumbled Bale's speculative long-range shot into his net to seal Liverpool's fate.

"The first one, I'm not really sure what happened," Henderson told BT Sport. "The overhead kick, he can do nothing and on the third one the ball has got loads of movement on it. That's never easy.

"It's not about him and the mistakes he might have made. We win as a team and we lose as a team

"It's not about one person, it's about everybody and we just weren't good enough on the night."

Liverpool levelled through Sadio Mane in the 55th minute and the Senegal forward also struck the post at 2-1 – leading the Premier League side's attacking charge after Mohamed Salah departed in the 30th minute with a shoulder injury that could jeopardise his World Cup participation with Egypt.

"It's disappointing, of course. I thought we did well to get the goal and get back in the game," Henderson said.

"But there were mistakes and Madrid are a fantastic side who are always going to hurt you.

"They were the better team on the night but in the first 40 minutes we dominated and had a couple of chances.

"It's frustrating but you've got to give credit to Madrid.

"We did well to get in at half-time at 0-0 [after Salah's injury]. We kept the speed of our game, we got the goal back but there are a couple of goals that on another night wouldn't have gone in."

Karius was Real’s best player.
Gutted at today. Absolutely gutted.

I think was kills me most is had we not lost Mo, and had Karius just been his normal self, we would have won. Real looked beatable. Hendo can’t straight up say it, but we alol know what cost pool the trophy.....

I love the way Liverpool find ways to mess things up. The Diane Abbott's of the football world

Karius to karius: hold my beer

Ramos is a piece of shit. That is all.

I think was kills me most is had we not lost Mo, and had Karius just been his normal self, we would have won. Real looked beatable. Hendo can’t straight up say it, but we alol know what cost pool the trophy.....

Yeah that has to be a tough one to take. Madrid looked ordinary for long stretches. The more I look at the Ramos/Mo think it looks intentional.

Yeah that has to be a tough one to take. Madrid looked ordinary for long stretches. The more I look at the Ramos/Mo think it looks intentional.
Madrid looked terrible lol, they just have the experience to win at all costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back