Prelim Review: Ringside Heritage Sparring Gloves w/pics

Hi Blair,

How are your heritage gloves holding up, I've had mine since December they still look great, great protection, really comfortable. Best glove I've personally owned.

I put some glove oil on last night back to as good as new, nice soft leather and clean up well. I'm sure yours have seen more use than mine

How are yours holding up?

Clarky.

Hey mate, they have been holding up well. They're actually being used right now by a friend of mine, and as far as I can tell he's been pleased with their performance too.

As for a release date, I'm not 100% sure, I thought they were due out by now.

I just put in an order for a pair of 16oz sparring gloves, the no foul protector and the mitts. Super excited! I already know I'm gonna order a pair of lace-ups when they are released too.. being single means I can spend outrageous amounts of money on gear again without getting chewed out :icon_lol:

I just put in an order for a pair of 16oz sparring gloves, the no foul protector and the mitts. Super excited! I already know I'm gonna order a pair of lace-ups when they are released too.. being single means I can spend outrageous amounts of money on gear again without getting chewed out :icon_lol:

I just ordered the HPPM as well, plus Winning MS-300 gloves, and my lady says I deserve to get nice things, and as long as I'm using them and getting exercise, it's a good thing.

I just ordered the HPPM as well, plus Winning MS-300 gloves, and my lady says I deserve to get nice things, and as long as I'm using them and getting exercise, it's a good thing.

Nice gear mate, but the lady is much better :) Congratulations :)

Just ordered a pair of lace up for myself, thanks to ringside for the coupon code, that's a pretty smart way to spread the word. The leather looks too nice to pass up. I'm hoping the padding holds up. I do like the thumb, it's more elegant than simply having "IMF" screen printed on the side like every other company.

being single means I can spend outrageous amounts of money on gear again without getting chewed out lol!

being single means I can spend outrageous amounts of money on gear again without getting chewed out lol!

lol!

Congratulations on the new gloves! Awaiting your review/thoughts!

Last edited:
Thanks. Yea, I'll give my thoughts for sure. I wish I hadn't used 4.95 shipping, that usually means fedex smartpost which takes like a week since it's so cheap, but mine are shipping via fedex home delivery. Because of where I live that's as good as priority mail, usually only 2 days. This is a win-win-win week (Michael Scott)

Yea, so I just got my heritage lace ups...

18 oz

They are definitely not for people with large hands. I'm 6'1 225 with somewhat large hands. I had to work to get my hands inside their comfortably. With hand-wraps they really wouldn't work. The leather was also somewhat scuffed and there was some dirt next to the stitched on logo. They are definitely better leather, than the regular gloves, but just too small inside. The foam is pretty thick, but I just don't see these as $200.00 gloves. Not even in the same league as winning. Not even close. good if you have small hands.

I mean ,look, they're definitely a step up in stitching and craftsmanship than their normal imf gloves, but I just don't see these gloves as worth $200.00.

Thanks for confirming what we have been trying to tell Darrin for a while now. Always better when we have a guy who owns both lay down the law. Surprised you didn't use the 149.99 discount...you bought at the full 200? Rip off either way. What would you value the gloves at? 99.99?

Not worth $200 if you cant fit in them w/ wraps on :(

O yes, I definitely did use the coupon. I paid $155 with shipping, but since that deal will be over soon, and most people don't know about that coupon either, I felt the need to use the full $200.00 standard. Yes, whether 155 or 200, they aren't worth either. Frankly, I'd say $99.99 is right where they should be. The interior nylon is also not that great.

Well, Darrin does work for ringside, so, he's got a stake in saying these are the next great glove. Speaking objectively, based on my vast experience, these are nothing that special. Ring to cage customs cost $130 and are a lot better than these. I use that to compare them since both are made in pakistan.

Well I really appreciate your honest review, really helps :)

Wow.. only $99? What are the regular IMFs..like.. $89 or something?

Regular are 99.99 right now...I think they should drop those to 69.99.

Back