Prelim Review: Ringside Heritage Sparring Gloves w/pics

Glad you guys liked the review!

And yes, as Darrin stated- these were a promo pair to test out. I've been annoying the Ringside guys for ages about the lace-ups and also the Heritage headgear coming out as I was looking to get the whole set.

Very grateful they didn't keep me waiting until February!! lol.

Great review from you Blair, as always. Thanks for sharing.

How is the lining on these? Similar to the great feeling sweat-repellent lining in Reyes and Winning? Or is it like the overly hot, cheaper feeling of the old-style IMF Techs (my pair are great sparring gloves aside from this)

Glad Ringside changed their policy of not giving any gear away for review. Will be interesting to see how the stitching holds up.

The lining is great, very smooth and comfortable. I like it better than the old lining on the IMF tech gloves.

is there anything at all you would change, or something you dislike even a little bit about the glove?

is there anything at all you would change, or something you dislike even a little bit about the glove?

That's a great question mate!

I think if I were to change anything I'd get rid of the brown leather seam over the cream thumb, it doesn't seem to do much (I could be mistaken though) and to me, the more stitching a glove has the more chance some stitches somewhere might pop. I also think a solid colour on the back of the hand and a solid colour on the thumb looks better.

The vent hole in the palm could be a bit larger, more like a keyhole shape compared to the small circle on these. The ventilation is great though, no complaints there.

Lastly, I think these gloves would look better (and perhaps perform a bit better) if the wrist support was a traditional triple cuff. That's just a personal preference though. I also think the red Ringside logo looks a bit out of place, I think a cream logo on brown gloves would fit better.

Overall these are only trivial thoughts really, I can't find any faults in these gloves.

Hoping to get some of the bag gloves and the rest of the set (cup, headgear) after Christmas to review if anyone is interested in reading those as well.

Hoping to get some of the bag gloves and the rest of the set (cup, headgear) after Christmas to review if anyone is interested in reading those as well.

Thanks for the review Blair! Looking forward to the reviews for the rest of the batch :)

Thanks for all the comments Blair, I have actually just ordered myself the Heritage 16oz velcro gloves today, cant wait to get them. I will also post up my review on here when they arrive. Thanks again Blair :)

Thanks for all the comments Blair, I have actually just ordered myself the Heritage 16oz velcro gloves today, cant wait to get them. I will also post up my review on here when they arrive. Thanks again Blair :)

Your most welcome mate, glad you got some good information from my review.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you like the velcro version! And of course to seeing some more pics too!

They'll make a nice Christmas present to yourself. :cool:

Nice review as always!
The quick lace system looks like it would be a little abrasive towards your sparring partner. Have you noticed this or do you typically tape your gloves up?

definitely interested in hearing what you have to say about the headgear and seeing some pics.

Several have asked so I will let you in on a little secret, I gave the gloves to Blair. As many of you know Blair's feedback is very respected on this board. I have been very clear from the Heritage launch that this line is the best boxing equipment ever produced. All I have asked Blair in return is to give everyone honest feedback in this forum. If he doesn't like something about the glove I encourage him to let us all know. The 16 oz. lace-ups he got are one of the first pieces pulled from the production line being produced as we speak. They will be up for sale to the general public in Feb.

I took the comments of many on this site to our new ownership about getting things tested with some fellow sherdogers for review. This is the first of many I hope to do in the future.

Please look for nomilkforsanta's review of the Heritage Pro Fight Gloves that I sent him which will release to the public around the same date in Feb.

Respectfully,

Darrin Clauder

I'll have a review of them up by wednesday (I have end of semester busy work) and I will be putting up a review of the heritage hand-wraps that my girlfriend and I have been using for a few months now.

Nice review as always!
The quick lace system looks like it would be a little abrasive towards your sparring partner. Have you noticed this or do you typically tape your gloves up?

Thanks!

I typically tape up, but the laces are very soft (and high quality) and I don't see them burning like typical harder laces.

I was thinking maybe the leather loops that the laces go through would be stiff and grate. No?

Thanks!

I typically tape up, but the laces are very soft (and high quality) and I don't see them burning like typical harder laces.

3-4 months ago: "We never give away any of our gear."

Now: "We gave these to Blair."

That escalated quickly.

I was thinking maybe the leather loops that the laces go through would be stiff and grate. No?

Ah I see what you mean now, I havent noticed that to be a problem, but as I said I do tape. I'll keep an eye out and make a note when I update this thread in a few months.

3-4 months ago: "We never give away any of our gear."

Now: "We gave these to Blair."

That escalated quickly.

lmao, true. It was more like an early bird release really, I was impatiently waiting to buy a pair of these after seeing them months ago in a thread about the new Heritage line.

Sorry if I missed it but how is the wrist support?

As with most lace-up gloves, the wrist support is great. It's particularly epic on these gloves because the quick tie system pulls tight so efficiently.

My wife, who normally hates lace-up gloves has been using these on the bag at the gym for the past couple of days after I made her try them on, and now says she won't use velcro again lol.

will these sparring gloves last on the bag?

and will the bag glove version have lace-up as an alternative to the hook&loop as well or not?

Back