Prediction: Blaydes will be champ for 5+ years

I think he will give us some good fights for years to come but no you prediction is off.

If he becomes champ and holds the belt for 5 years, that would mean either that he made insane improvements or that the UFC is doomed and the last 1-2 years of his rein would probably not be televised even.

Curtis still looks way too nervous for me between rounds, he's never sure of himself.

If anyone can defend his double leg they have a great chance of victory.

I agree with you 100%, infact other than Stipe, Blaydes gave him his hardest fight and he didnt get KO'd, doctors stopped it or something on the stool in the beginning of the third round. I also think that was his debut right? His chin was ridiculous even though his eye got fucked.

Blaydes is a tough fight for everyone not named Stipe. BUT I also think Ngannou sleeps him if they rematch in the future.
He stood up to answer the bell, doctor came to check the eye. Doctor covers Blaydes good eye and asked how many fingers am I holding up? Blaydes reaches forward with a hand and grabs the doctors fingers to feel how many and then answered correctly and said he was ready to go. Doctor stops fight. Pretty badass from Blaydes...Still not sold on a five year run at HW though..

Maybe he will hold the belt with in five years, But he wont hold it for five years.

He has loads of potential, but 5 years is a looooong time. Figure 2 fights a year plus the one where he wins the belt = 11 fights against the division's best competition. Even in a weak division, 11 wins in a row against its best fighters is a tall order. And TBH, I think he still has a lot to prove.

You say “but it’s Reem”, who knocked Stipe on his ass and if he had been patient, instead of running in and collapsing onto him, he should have beat.

He’s already #2 so I’m not sure why he needs to be leaps and bounds better when you LOOK around. It’s a bunch of older men. That being said he is getting better, every day, we see it fight to fight. He threw Stipe around when they trained together, and that was when he was an amateur, but time will tell!
I agree he just leaves himself open to strikes on the feet a lot. Reem got him a couple times, and would have been better off being the Reem.

Struve brain and chin are 50 years old. Blaydes is the only young guy in the division with a great base.

Blaydes didn't impress me much against Overeem. Granted, it was impressive to get the takedowns, but it's always been easy to break Overeem if the fighter got on top, going back to PRIDE days. It would have taken prime Cain Velasquez about a minute to get through fight-ending ground and pounding on Overeem. Blaydes had Overeem on the ground for over 2 rounds before those brutal elbows. It seemed more like Overeem wilting than Blaydes being a great ground n pounder, since absolutely nothing happened on the ground of consequence for 2 rounds. Who knows? Maybe that's exactly how to be dominant at HW; we've never really had a play-it-safe fighter at a high level there. I would think you would need to have better ground and pound though if you're going to rely on wrestling at HW. I feel like those elbows told a false narrative about that fight. It was a boring, ho-hum humpfest until then.

Stipe would fuck him up. Right now i think he's just a poor man's version of Cain.

You say “but it’s Reem”, who knocked Stipe on his ass and if he had been patient, instead of running in and collapsing onto him, he should have beat.

He’s already #2 so I’m not sure why he needs to be leaps and bounds better when you LOOK around. It’s a bunch of older men. That being said he is getting better, every day, we see it fight to fight. He threw Stipe around when they trained together, and that was when he was an amateur, but time will tell!
Yeah moron scout....it's reem, he's hot and cold....and he used econoreem reset trickery, which he hasn't seemed to use since....also if he didn't jump on him he should have finished him? Lol and if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle....you dont know dick about what would've happened, that's all hindsight assumption....the guy has nearly a dozen wins by guillotine and stipe isn't renowned off his back....it was the smartest thing to do....it just didn't work though

Why don't you just stop trying to convince people with bullshit scouting reports and let the actual guy(blaydes) do the talking for the next 5 years....then you can come back to this thread

Also Ive been one of miocics wrestling partners for his fight camps for years and I ain't never seen curt "toss or throw him around"....stop talking outcha ass

You're just some phony acting like you know what you're talking about....do yourself a favor and actually learn about the sport while leaving your bias at the door

Last edited:
Also Ive been one of miocics wrestling partners for his fight camps for years and I ain't never seen curt "toss or throw him around"....stop talking outcha ass

You're just some phony acting like you know what you're talking about....do yourself a favor and actually learn about the sport while leaving your bias at the door

Oh fun! I WAS THERE lol. It was the Monday 6pm sparring. We all circled the cage, as Blaydes had just arrived from Chicago. First round MMA sparring Blaydes suplexed Stipe three times, after the third time Marcus said to a couple of us, “who is this kid?”, a week or two later he told a few of us “Curtis has no ceiling”, Blaydes was an amateur at the time, Stipe was preparing for Gabe.

Nobody is staying 5+ years HW champion without being defeated, especially not Blaydes (who is a very good prospect thought I agree).

There's a reason why Fedor is the GOAT.
Because he didn't have the strength of schedule of current heavyweight champs

Consecutively? You mean win an additional 8-12 fights in a row or more? He won me as a fan in the Ngannu fight. I see him as a champ. 15 Straight in the UFC at HW is automatic GOAT status. That what you are saying? Tall task.

Haha yeah I didn’t say consecutively, that is a tall order, then again who knows

I really haven't been THAT impressed with Blaydes.
No HW will ever hold a belt for 5 years lol Lunacy.

Back