Predicitions for the inevitable Errol Spence Jr vs Terrence Crawford contest

If……big if

• Total voters
Ive never once seen Spence mentioned as even one of the current biggest punchers. Let alone along the lines of a Jackson type puncher.

I actually sorta agreed thAt spence while being a hard puncher, is not some otherworldy ko artist
but no one is even saying that.

people aren't saying spence walks in there and knocks his opponent out in the first round and breaks their jaw in 4 places with one punch. what they're saying is, he walks in there and puts a horrendous beating on his opponent, and stops him. it can be stopped by the corner, the ref, the fighter not getting up soon enough, or the fighter being unconscious. it doesn't matter, spence gets them out of there. he rarely does it early, but he does it all the same.

if consistently putting people away doesn't mean you have power, i don't know what does.

but no one is even saying that.

people aren't saying spence walks in there and knocks his opponent out in the first round and breaks their jaw in 4 places with one punch. what they're saying is, he walks in there and puts a horrendous beating on his opponent, and stops him. it can be stopped by the corner, the ref, the fighter not getting up soon enough, or the fighter being unconscious. it doesn't matter, spence gets them out of there. he rarely does it early, but he does it all the same.

if consistently putting people away doesn't mean you have power, i don't know what does.
Indeed. Imo crawford wont get beaten downl like other guys

I mean. I have seen crawford fight guys who have tried to do that, with Horn being the latest. None are as skilled as Spence I guess but its the same sort of idea.

I saw Brook do a version of what Crawford would do to Spence and did it pretty well for the most part. Yeah spence caught up to him....but a lot of the damage was to the eye.

I just don’t really buy that Spence would walk him down like he did Brook. And really. Not to trash Spence or whatever because he is really good....But i thought that was Brooks fight for the most part until the eye problems

Of course it’s entirely possible for spence to win. I am in the minority tho that thinks this is Crawfords fight.

It's obviously a dangerous fight for Crawford. I'd like to see him in with an elite Welterweight or at least a legit top 10 guy first. I want them both to get more experience before they fight. This will allow Crawford to get acclimated to Welterweight and Spence will gain even more experience. Asking for a confident prediction now is a bit too premature.
I think you'd have to make Spence the favorite at this point but I like Bud more.

Indeed. Imo crawford wont get beaten downl like other guys

I mean. I have seen crawford fight guys who have tried to do that, with Horn being the latest. None are as skilled as Spence I guess but its the same sort of idea.

I saw Brook do a version of what Crawford would do to Spence and did it pretty well for the most part. Yeah spence caught up to him....but a lot of the damage was to the eye.

I just don’t really buy that Spence would walk him down like he did Brook. And really. Not to trash Spence or whatever because he is really good....But i thought that was Brooks fight for the most part until the eye problems

Of course it’s entirely possible for spence to win. I am in the minority tho that thinks this is Crawfords fight.
but brook's eye didn't get fucked up on its own accord, it was spence who broke his face by punching him with hammers. i like brook, everyone here seems to shit on him and call him overrated, but i think he's underrated if anything and a very good win on spence's record. but brook didn't lose because his eye got busted up, his eye got busted up because he slowed down and spence beat his ass. and he slowed down because errol destroys the body.

he just keeps hitting them in the body until they break, and then he puts them away. he won't be putting top guys on the canvas in the first round, but by the 10th, that body assault piles up and people just can't defend themselves anymore. that's what i like about him. some people have the kind of chin that just takes whatever you throw at them, but i don't think anyone can take an 11 round beatdown to the body and not show signs of it. you can recover quickly from knockdowns and getting your bell rung, but it's a lot more difficult to recover from body shots.

i don't expect spence to outbox crawford or clip him cleanly and put him down. i expect him to wear crawford down and break him.

Everyone looks like a monster, until they run into someone they simply can't hit, then strategy and boxing skills and ring IQ comes into play and i don't think Spence can match Crawford"s ring IQ and counter punching and quick footwork and defensive strategy.

It's not that Spence is a bad fighter or a fake champion, because he's not it's just that Crawford is the better fighter and Spence is second and that's just how things go in boxing and MMA. You have multiple gifted champions and one comes out on top.

Crawford by easy win, or a close fight.

Remember Floyd vs Manny, that's how this fight will go down, or Chavez vs Whitaker.

Seek and destroy boxer vs a defensive quick footed counter puncher.

History has shown us, that the quick footed defensive counter puncher wins 99% of the time with these matchups.
Spence has size as an advantage though.

Spence has size as an advantage though.

I have size to, but i still caught my Wife at night coming home from work using Vibranium and she told me, Vibranium fixes every problem.

Crawford walks around at 170 pounds shredded, so the size of Spence isn't a problem for Crawford.

It's also on video of him showing this and his body on youtube and documented by the boxing media and reporters and friends, that Crawford actually walks around at 170, not fat but shredded built and lean muscle mass and not your Canelo overweight 200 pounds plus.

I think Crawford is more skilled, versatile, and athletic. If Spence can't fold Crawford with his body punching by the mid rounds, Crawford takes over and wins a competitive but clear decision.

Crawford has lapses in his defence and he's only really capable in the southpaw stance.
Spence is maybe less skilled, but he's a really tough match for him.

Rooting for Spence, but I think Crawford takes this right now.

“inevitable” - 5 damn years later. What a fail by both sides. Even 3 years ago I would have thrown down the scratch for this burner. Now, I might be bothered to stream the main event. Maybe.

“inevitable” - 5 damn years later. What a fail by both sides. Even 3 years ago I would have thrown down the scratch for this burner. Now, I might be bothered to stream the main event. Maybe.

both guys are still at the top of their games(ish), it’s definitely late, but not too late imo. You’ll be watching this fight!

Back