AMC's PREACHER (Season 4 Trailer)

Also love how they incorporated the Preacher comic books when Cassidy was researching the SoK.

Yeah.......that was nice.

It seems SOK is/was an out and out villain in the show. I liked how they made him into ALMOST a sympathetic figure and anti-hero/ anti-villain in the books.

I really want to love this show, but something just feels missing..... I shouldn't have re-read the books last month!!!!!
I can totally understand how you feel. I felt that way in season one. Despite trying my best not to let the comic books influence me on the show, I just couldn't help but be disappointed with the direction they were taking it or the slow pacing they did in season one.

But for some reason, I'm totally digging season two. I've managed to let go of my hang-ups about the show and just enjoy the ride.

The shows turning into a joke people who go out and decide to make a show based on something else should atleast try and follow the source material amc can go eat a dick.

I can totally understand how you feel. I felt that way in season one. Despite trying my best not to let the comic books influence me on the show, I just couldn't help but be disappointed with the direction they were taking it or the slow pacing they did in season one.

But for some reason, I'm totally digging season two. I've managed to let go of my hang-ups about the show and just enjoy the ride.

Honestly, I had myself until this episode (which as a stand alone episode was pretty damn good).

I think SOK was everyone's favourite character and they kind of cut his ball off.

The shows turning into a joke people who go out and decide to make a show based on something else should atleast try and follow the source material amc can go eat a dick.

Initially the plan was to make a direct translation but that got nixed.....presumably due to the religious content.

I think if you saw the show with no prior knowledge, you'd enjoy it a lot more.

Initially the plan was to make a direct translation but that got nixed.....presumably due to the religious content.

religious content that's a fucking joke it's 2017 not 1960. We can air a show about cooking meth but god forbid we air a show where God acts like a teenage girl.

Honestly, I had myself until this episode (which as a stand alone episode was pretty damn good).

I think SOK was everyone's favourite character and they kind of cut his ball off.
I have no problems with them nerfing SoK. He was too powerful. Heck, even this TV nerfed version is very powerful. I think somebody before complained that SoK doesn't miss. If they followed that line of thought, Jesse would have been immediately dead in the season 2 premiere.

I have no problems with them nerfing SoK. He was too powerful. Heck, even this TV nerfed version is very powerful. I think somebody before complained that SoK doesn't miss. If they followed that line of thought, Jesse would have been immediately dead in the season 2 premiere.

Or just have Genesis work on SOK from the start.

religious content that's a fucking joke it's 2017 not 1960. We can air a show about cooking meth but god forbid we air a show where God acts like a teenage girl.

You are PREACHing to the converted, but you know they were never going to have SOK murder
the Devil and God.

I'd of been happy as hell if they did a page for page translation, but as they didn't I was still prepared to give it a chance. I'm still undecided at this point, but leaning towards disappointment.

Honestly, I can't see this show lasting for years and years, anyway.

Or just have Genesis work on SOK from the start.
If the events on season 2 premiere were exactly the same and Jesse was in the middle of being arrested by the cops, the first shot from SoK would have killed Jesse immediately instead of hitting one of the cops.

Plus I really like that SoK was immune to the Word, it made for an exciting Terminator chase sequences. And I really love the cleverness of it all of putting a soul in SoK to finally stop him.

If the events on season 2 premiere were exactly the same and Jesse was in the middle of being arrested by the cops, the first shot from SoK would have killed Jesse immediately instead of hitting one of the cops.

Plus I really like that SoK was immune to the Word, it made for an exciting Terminator chase sequences. And I really love the cleverness of it all of putting a sould in SoK to finally stop him.

I'm not against it per se......though I don't think anyone ever said the show was better than the books. They have basically changed SOK from the ultimate bad ass to just another villain, though. I wanted to see him murk an entire army, survive a nuke etc etc, but heh ho.

I do find it odd that fans of the book decided to change so much though.

I dunno about the first two episodes.

I watched the first season and thoroughly enjoyed it.

But im not getting the same excitement that I did last season.

Feel the same way. Still watching it but eh I don't know.

I've never read the comics. I had never even heard of Preacher before this series. And I absolutely love it!!

I never read the comic and I am LOVING the show.

I've never read the comics. I had never even heard of Preacher before this series. And I absolutely love it!!

I've read most of the comic -and dig the show just fine. People are just going to bitch no matter what. Even if it was a page by page translation, they'd bitch about not liking the casting or some shit. They'd find something.

add me to the never read the comics, enjoying the show so far group.

Really don't mind that the show is it's own thing compared to the comics.
I've accepted that,but youd think that would translate to a more exciting product then. Its very very slow to me.

Love the comic and the show. The arse face arc is kinda strange imo. Wish they woulda followed the comic on that story.

Back