AMC's PREACHER (Season 4 Trailer)

3 episodes in, I'm enjoying season 2 more than the first.

Glad to know that Eugene was a good kid all along. When they revealed that he shot the girl in season one, it was a good excuse on why the town hates him but didn't really gel with his personality.

Another great episode. I haven't read the comics so I take all this Eugene stuff is what the writers have created on their own?

Another great episode. I haven't read the comics so I take all this Eugene stuff is what the writers have created on their own?
Yup, it was a great episode. Love that Shish Kabob kill move Jesse did at the end. Season 2 is so much better than the previous one.

Yes, the Eugene side plot is not from the comics. Can't believe I feel bad for Hitler or like him a little for that matter lol.

I forgot to mention this during episode one, but the rules for Cassidy's sunlight exposure was very inconsistent and just feels wrong. He can survive out in the open as long as he has an umbrella over his head? Smh. There were even times where he was exposed to direct sunlight in the car. Anyway, it's just a minor quibble and understandable since it would limit Cassidy's movements if they were very strict about it.

Can't believe I feel bad for Hitler or like him a little for that matter lol.
I kept thinking that Hitler is conning Eugene and any minute they reveal him to be a huge monster but no , just a sad little twerp.

The Saint is missing way too many shots, the thing that made him terrifying was that he doesn't miss and he always kills his target. In the books they made it seem like him not missing was a rule of the Universe like Entropy or Gravity.

The Saint is missing way too many shots, the thing that made him terrifying was that he doesn't miss and he always kills his target. In the books they made it seem like him not missing was a rule of the Universe like Entropy or Gravity.

That's a fair point. The exact quote from the comics about the Saint's guns, which were forged in Hell from the sword of the Angel of Death, is:

No round they fired would miss it's mark. No wound they gave would be anything but fatal.

Indeed, the guns kill both Satan and God Himself in the comics. The only being to survive being shot by the Saint is Cassiday, and Ennis admitted that was only because he was still working out the SoK's powers when he wrote the scene.

Later in the comic, the Saint slaughters dozens of the The Grail's soldiers. One of the Grail officers notes that,

His aim is perfect. Even when our men are hanging from his arms.

Like Cassiday, the TV version of the Saint is much weaker than the OG version. In the comics, the Saint is let out of Hell because his heart was so filled with hate he caused it to literally freeze over. He can stop a tank dead in it's tracks by kicking it. At one point he stands at ground zero of a nuclear strike and shrugs it off. His only reaction to being nuked is to comment,

Not enough gun.

I forgot to mention this during episode one, but the rules for Cassidy's sunlight exposure was very inconsistent and just feels wrong. He can survive out in the open as long as he has an umbrella over his head? Smh. There were even times where he was exposed to direct sunlight in the car. Anyway, it's just a minor quibble and understandable since it would limit Cassidy's movements if they were very strict about it.

That's been a glaring issue since the show began. I suppose you can't be shoving one of your co-stars in the back of truck with a tarp over him for half of his scenes. I've just accepted the ridiculously inconsistent sunlight logic.

Anyways, caught up to this last night. I thought the first episode was rough, in that it was just trying to be as outlandish as possible, without any point to much of it. Didn't like the grindhouse filter on the car chase either, and a lot of the humor just fell flat. The episode just didn't have a great pace to it, and it felt aimless. Got a little worried after watching it, that this was going full Walking Dead, and just turning into shit.

Thankfully, the show got MUCH better after that first episode, and I'm on board again. Loved the second episode with the angel and magic act. The story resembled something that could've been an episode of "Tales From The Crypt". Loved every second of it. The third episode kind of meandered a bit, and I'm not sure how I feel about the Tulip side story, but the Eugene stuff was good. Fourth episode was good, and ended with a spectacular fight scene that will be hard to top. That scene was just amazing on every level. One of the best in the entire series.

All in all, not as strong of a start as the first season had, but it's picking up nicely and getting stronger as it goes along.

Glad to know that Eugene was a good kid all along. When they revealed that he shot the girl in season one, it was a good excuse on why the town hates him but didn't really gel with his personality.
yeah that pissed me off about season 1 that and them making his dad a good guy.

That fight scene was incredible, Season 2 is really pushing the boundaries with the violence.

Cassidy was fantastic.

My favorite performance from any show this week.

14mw3s7.gif

Cassidy is so underhanded and sneaky. He nudged the idea to Jesse that Tulip would be okay with him killing her husband ("Jesse and Tulip forever").

Im kinda getting fed up how slow this show is going with all the new stuff they keep coming up with.

we are at season 2,and im still watching cos its like a completley alternate take on the preacher story and im entertained...but i mean....things are just sort of meandering too much.

Really don't mind that the show is it's own thing compared to the comics.

That said, SOK in episode 6 was a real let down.

Optimism for the show is waning somewhat after a strong start to the season.

Love the latest episode. Was pleasantly surprised the Saint of Killers arc was resolved so early (for now). Love how Jesse found a solution to neutralize SOK. But if Jesse really wanted to be more thorough, he should have ordered SOK to stop moving and talking forever and then dump him in the swamp. Or tell him to forget about killing him, become a pacifist, do community service or any dozen other solutions. I understand why they did what they did, so the SOK can still come back in the future.

Love the latest episode. Was pleasantly surprised the Saint of Killers arc was resolved so early (for now). Love how Jesse found a solution to neutralize SOK. But if Jesse really wanted to be more thorough, he should have ordered SOK to forget about killing him, become a pacifist, do community service or a dozen other solutions. I understand why they did what they did, so the SOK can still come back in the future.

Loved the nod to Angelville......though I suspect it means we aren't getting a Jody/TC arc.

Loved the nod to Angelville......though I suspect it means we aren't getting a Jody/TC arc.
I was expecting Jody and gang to pounce on Jesse once he visited the swamp area.

Also love how they incorporated the Preacher comic books when Cassidy was researching the SoK.

I was expecting Jody and gang to pounce on Jesse once he visited the swamp area.

I was thinking the same. Jody should save him and form the ultimate bad-ass tag team!

Considering how little they've done with Herr Starr, I can't see them making an appearance (at least this season).

I really want to love this show, but something just feels missing..... I shouldn't have re-read the books last month!!!!!

Back