Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: March 9, 2017

Noah Taylor, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery and More Join PREACHER Season 2 Cast

2aFNyEf.jpg

AMC’s hit series Preacher is expanding its cast as it gears up for Season 2. Noah Taylor (Game of Thrones, Deep Water), Pip Torrens (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, The Crown) and Julie Ann Emery (Fargo, Better Call Saul) have signed on as series regulars.

Malcolm Barrett (War on Everyone, Dear White People), Ronald Guttman (Homeland, Mozart in the Jungle) and Justin Prentice (13 Reasons Why, Malibu Country) are set for recurring roles.

Preacher follows a West Texas preacher named Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), who is inhabited by the renegade spawn of an angel and demon and gains the power to control people with just a word. The series’ second season premieres this summer and follows Jesse, his badass ex-girlfriend Tulip (Ruth Negga) and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) as they embark on a road trip to find God, dealing with issues both worldly and otherworldly along the way.

‘Preacher’: Noah Taylor, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery, More Join Season 2 Cast

Link to previous thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/125637805/

Better Call Saul's Betsy Kettleman is joining season 2? Nice.

157357-Julie-Ann-Emery-hot-boobs-Dama-tXZy.png

Has the premier date for season 2 confirmed yet?

I haven't watched this, but i love the comic. is it watchable? I'm really falling out of love with TV these days

I haven't watched this, but i love the comic. is it watchable? I'm really falling out of love with TV these days
Depends. I love 3/4 of the comic book series and even though I went in with an open mind, I found the show a pretty good watch but a tad disappointing overall. First episode was good. You should watch the first 2 episodes to get a feel for the show if it's for you or not.

Depends. I love 3/4 of the comic book series and even though I went in with an open mind, I found the show a pretty good watch but a tad disappointing overall. First episode was good. You should watch the first 2 episodes to get a feel for the show if it's for you or not.

Hmmmm I might check it out.

Hmmmm I might check it out.

First impression was disappointing, but on reflection, if you take away comparisons to the comics, it's actually very solid.

It was not very faithful to the comic at all.........that said, the way the season finished suggests S2 will be. The end of S1 was basically a mirror image of the start of issue 1 of the comics, though how they got there was vastly different.

It's vastly different from the comic but very well done. It was one of my favorite TV shows last season.

I'd highly recommend.

I'm patiently waiting for my main man, Bueno Excellante!

What grade did you give it with your review and how much does it depart from the comic? I loved the comic

Update: March 9, 2017

Noah Taylor, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery and More Join PREACHER Season 2 Cast

Preacher-Noah-Taylor-Pip-Torrens-Julie-Ann-Emery-Dragonlord.jpg

AMC’s hit series Preacher is expanding its cast as it gears up for Season 2. Noah Taylor (Game of Thrones, Deep Water), Pip Torrens (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, The Crown) and Julie Ann Emery (Fargo, Better Call Saul) have signed on as series regulars.

Malcolm Barrett (War on Everyone, Dear White People), Ronald Guttman (Homeland, Mozart in the Jungle) and Justin Prentice (13 Reasons Why, Malibu Country) are set for recurring roles.

Preacher follows a West Texas preacher named Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), who is inhabited by the renegade spawn of an angel and demon and gains the power to control people with just a word. The series’ second season premieres this summer and follows Jesse, his badass ex-girlfriend Tulip (Ruth Negga) and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) as they embark on a road trip to find God, dealing with issues both worldly and otherworldly along the way.

‘Preacher’: Noah Taylor, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery, More Join Season 2 Cast

Link to previous thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/125637805/
Thanks for the update

What grade did you give it with your review and how much does it depart from the comic? I loved the comic
I didn't give a review or rating for Preacher. It departs drastically from the comics in some areas. There's a chance you won't like the new Tulip based on her new personality. But at the end of season one, it seemed to realigned more or less with the comics or it seemed like it cut off the excess multiple sub plots.

Well, after the season finale, they kinda have to add more people in.

Back