Pre TJ Barao vs Pre TJ Cody

how did he get outclassed by a large margin? the mistakes Barao needs to correct are MASSIVE compared to what Cody has to correct.

Cody just needs to play his same style, but be more patient and don't overextend himself when he hurts him.

Barao needs to revamp his entire game, from his stance, to his footwork to his head movement and defense in order to beat TJ.

like i said, Barao was willing to win but he doesn't have the tools to get to TJ, while Cody had several chances to close the show vs TJ.

you have missed the entire point of this thread.
It's not who did better against TJ.
As far as I see it is pre TJ cody vs pre TJ barao.
So a hypothethical matchup between the two.
And like I've said I think it will be highly competitive.
TJ's style is Barao's cryptonite. But it's not a fact vs. Cody. I think (pre TJ) Barao would have had a very good chance of dispatching Cody.

Cody has the shittest tats outside of Alan Belcher in MMA.

images

Cody will never beat TJ. He gets too angry and just loses his mind.

The dude keeps his head in the same spot and throws the exact same punch 3 times in a row. I don't remember him doing that against Cruz, Almedia etc.

ScalyWideeyedAntbear-size_restricted.gif

Hard to say. Can't really bank on Cody's glass jaw holding up, but I think he's the better fighter.

it feels weird that barao is only 31 years old.

Cody knocks him out inside 2 rounds

Wouldn't even be remotely competitive

Barao has a steel chin.

Brawling with him isn't smart.

Would be a crazy fight for as long as it lasts, I think Barao takes it though.

you have missed the entire point of this thread.
It's not who did better against TJ.
As far as I see it is pre TJ cody vs pre TJ barao.
So a hypothethical matchup between the two.
And like I've said I think it will be highly competitive.
TJ's style is Barao's cryptonite. But it's not a fact vs. Cody. I think (pre TJ) Barao would have had a very good chance of dispatching Cody.

you're talking about a fake fight that can never happen and you're upset about me using THE ONLY FACTS that are in this discussion as proof who can do better?

you have ZERO facts behind your reasoning, all your argument is "i think Cody would get whooped by Barao! so there!"

i'm not missing the point, it's just an idiotic point. the only way anyone can make an argument for EITHER fighter is by pointing out HOW THEY DID VERSE THE SAME FIGHTERS.

everything else is just conjecture.

Barao had his moments in rd 2 (in their first clash) as far as I remember.
I mean as one sided as it was, Barao just got gamed. He was in a very good condition and was willing to win, but TJ was technically on a whole other level.
Cody packs a lot of power, but he also got outclassed. by a large margin.
I think Barao of old wrecks Cody of old.

Today though, Cody stands a better chance of winning

Back