Pre-Season Premier League Thread v22: Premier League Football Fantasy Edition

Who wins The Sherdog League Football Fantasy next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I thought Colback would be quite popular. Any games I saw he was pretty solid nothing special though. I'm quite glad Shelvey doesn't play for arsenal, I don't think I could cope with him scoring 30 yard screamers one week and jogging around and getting sent off the next.

I agree somewhat on the Colback front but the guy does give away stupid FK's and Penalties in key moments of games. But he could play out of this world and still be hated on by the NUFC fans. They despise him because of his Sunderland connection. Pretty lame. It's not even fake hate, they literally cannot acknowledge him having an OK to good game.

Shelvey's been pretty consistent to be fair. When he has looked a little lackluster it's been because he's played about 9 games in a row. Mitrovic is the guy that can score a goal or two then shut up shop for 6 weeks.

I don't think NUFC are in an amazing position tbh. We're going to struggle. Lots of 'decent and steady' players and already Matt Ritchie is a doubt for the Spurs game which if he's out, then we're fucked!

I agree somewhat on the Colback front but the guy does give away stupid FK's and Penalties in key moments of games. But he could play out of this world and still be hated on by the NUFC fans. They despise him because of his Sunderland connection. Pretty lame. It's not even fake hate, they literally cannot acknowledge him having an OK to good game.

Shelvey's been pretty consistent to be fair. When he has looked a little lackluster it's been because he's played about 9 games in a row. Mitrovic is the guy that can score a goal or two then shut up shop for 6 weeks.

I don't think NUFC are in an amazing position tbh. We're going to struggle. Lots of 'decent and steady' players and already Matt Ritchie is a doubt for the Spurs game which if he's out, then we're fucked!
I'd take half the spurs team without batting an eyelid. I still cringe at Wilshere mocking Bale on twitter that time. Oh yeah he's a headcase but at least Shelvey has more talent than him and can warrant his moments. I dunno there are a lot of bang average teams in the league, the right results and they could shoot up the table. 8th to 17th really isn't that much between teams. So is avoid relegation your hope for the season?

giphy.gif

<Moves><45><Lmaoo>

Spurs equalized against Roma 2-2 and seconds later Roma scored a game winner.

<6>

The streak is over. Caught this 10 lber this evening!
OKr6zSa.jpg

€40m spent on Ederson.
€130m spent on defenders.
€50m spent on Bernardo Silva.
€160m Mbappe's fee.

Even if they dont get Mbappe City have spent €220m (£197m) this summer. Also didnt even add the €12m (£10.7m) spent on Douglas Luiz, 19 year old cm from Brazil.

Just to be safe i think Pep should hijack the Verratti transfer to Barca, cant win the title if you spend only 50m on your midfield. (this is assuming Neymar goes to PSG and Barca can offer a big fee on Verratti).

Still might need another fullback and a cb to make sure defense enthusiast such as @Chris Partlow approves City defense.

Daniel Levy: Spurs chairman says Premier League transfer spending unsustainable

More than £850m has been spent by top-flight sides in the transfer window, which ends on 31 August.

But Tottenham, who sold Kyle Walker to Manchester City for £45m this month, have not made any signings.

"We have a duty to manage the club appropriately," said Levy.

"Some of the activity that is going on at the moment is just impossible for it to be sustainable.

"Somebody spending £200m more than they're earning, eventually it catches up with you. And you can't keep doing it."

Speaking at a Nasdaq Q&A in New York, Levy said: "Obviously when you're building a stadium of this magnitude and it all has to be privately financed - there's no state help whatsoever - it is a challenge.

"We have to find the right balance but I can honestly say it is not impacting us on transfer activity because we are not yet in a place where we have found a player that we want to buy who we cannot afford to buy."

Levy said: "Our position on transfers is that we have a coach who very much believes in the academy, so unless we can find a player that makes a difference we would rather give one of our young academy players a chance.

"The academy is important because if we produce our own players we don't have to spend £20m or £30m on a player.

"An academy player has that affinity with the club and that's what the fans want to see."

Ligue 1 / Ligue 2 scouting is the future IMO

The past few player of the years here have all come from France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back