Pre-Season Premier League Thread v20: What Do You Prefer? Edition.

What Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say he's even better than Bellerin for us
Maybe but it was in a period of better form for the team, how he would deal with it long term when the team isn't playing well remains to be seen. I feel similarly about bellerin though and would be content if both were sold for big fees as I struggle to see the elite player materialising there.
Of course he can
Obviously anything is possible I'd just question his mentality to apply himself to that.
Alot of talk that we're gonna sell Alexis for £70m to PSG this morning

If we get a CM and a winger, I wouldn't mind tbh.
:(
I think they could get 80 from psg or city in the current market but 70 is pretty good.

Not bad but not sure i would use Heaton against the reigning champs in the opening game?

good point lol

An84rLi.jpg

there

@Tules

Why'd you get yellows?

@Deffid
Best top 2 draft duo since 2000?

2000: 1. Di Pietro 2. Heatley
2001: 1. Kovalchuk 2. Spezza
2002: 1. Nash 2. Lehtonen
2003: 1. Fleury 2. Eric Staal
2004: 1. Ovie 2. Malkin
2005: 1. Crosby 2. Ryan
2006: 1. Erik Johnson 2. Jordan Staal
2007: 1. Patrick Kane 2. van Riemsdyk
2008: 1. Stamkos 2. Doughty
2009: 1. Tavares 2. Hedman
2010: 1. Hall 2. Seguin
2011: 1. Nugent-Hopkins 2. Landeskog
2012: 1. Yakupov 2. Ryan Murray
2013: 1. MacKinnon 2. Barkov
2014: 1. Ekblad 2. Reinhart
2015: 1. McDavid 2. Eichel
2016: 1. Matthews 2. Laine

Not sure of the order but my top 5 would be 2015, 2016, 2004, 2008 and 2009.

Hard to go against 2004. 2015 and 2016 is early but could be top 2 eventually.

@Tules

Why'd you get yellows?

Hard to go against 2004. 2015 and 2016 is early but could be top 2 eventually.
McDavid won Hart trophy in his 2nd season and most points during regular season. That alone puts that year in top 3 and Eichel is slowly getting better (since February 3rd in points,
29 points in 25 games. Only Patrick Kane and Nicklas Backstrom have more in that stretch.
Then Laine and Matthews, Laine had 164 games in last 2 seasons. That is crazy number for a guy that is 19 when next season starts. Matthews probably has similar numbers. Not many guys playing at NHL level can claim that many games (only Crosby or Malkin come to mind, back to back Stanley Cup champs + international games). Now they get a proper off season and should give McDavid a run for his money.

But yeah they are young and 2004 is the bench mark.

McDavid won Hart trophy in his 2nd season and most points during regular season. That alone puts that year in top 3 and Eichel is slowly getting better (since February 3rd in points,
29 points in 25 games. Only Patrick Kane and Nicklas Backstrom have more in that stretch.
Then Laine and Matthews, Laine had 164 games in last 2 seasons. That is crazy number for a guy that is 19 when next season starts. Matthews probably has similar numbers. Not many guys playing at NHL level can claim that many games (only Crosby or Malkin come to mind, back to back Stanley Cup champs + international games). Now they get a proper off season and should give McDavid a run for his money.

But yeah they are young and 2004 is the bench mark.
I figure McDavid is the best of those 4 guys(from '15 and '16) The next two are a toss up between Laine and Matthews, then Eichel is 4th. So it's really close between those two draft classes. 04 is great, as much as I clown on Ovie, he's a for sure HoF player and one of the top 3 greats of his era.

Maybe but it was in a period of better form for the team, how he would deal with it long term when the team isn't playing well remains to be seen. I feel similarly about bellerin though and would be content if both were sold for big fees as I struggle to see the elite player materialising there.

Obviously anything is possible I'd just question his mentality to apply himself to that.
I think they could get 80 from psg or city in the current market but 70 is pretty good.

Agreed on Bellerin but the RB is can't as hell and I guess we'll have to do with him

About Ox, I haven't seen any clear signs of him being undisciplined. Yes, he embroiled himself too much, and it's erratic, but I believe that's more him lacking the necessary football IQ and mental speed to deal with the unexpected in the Middle... But to play "Moses" in a five men defense. He's ready enough, and a very good fit imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back