Pre illness Brock was the scariest man to have ever lived in the world

No one wanted to fight this beast when he was champ and kicking ass and taking names. He was a bad man. He was a 265 pounds genetic freak that was all american. He had the strength over everyone and could take down anyone. Too bad he had to have surgery.
Keep dreaming bub.
94901504-50E2-4B9C-90CA-508C3D6B86FD.jpeg

2010/11 UBEREEM would beat the shit out of EVERY VERSION OF Lesnar

Brock was second Conor. Arlovski was first. UFC can make or break you with favorable match-ups, short shorts, etc. They have a good idea who poses problems for you and who doesnt after 25 yrs match making. Brock got both favorable matches and short shotted. Marketing/wolf tickets whatever soon as he ran up against prime fighters who paid dues he got wrecked.

No one wanted to fight this beast when he was champ and kicking ass and taking names. He was a bad man. He was a 265 pounds genetic freak that was all american. He had the strength over everyone and could take down anyone. Too bad he had to have surgery.
Such a well rounded fighter too, and all natural his whole career, especially in his fake wrestling career.

A true martial artist

His size, strength and wrestling are unreal. The man has UNFATHOMABLE grip strength, manhandles full sized HWs. Brock has, at minimum, a 33% chance in any hypothetical fight you can put him in just because of his those three attributes.

He couldnt manhandle Cain.... and Overeem pushed him around like a child.

RipeImpoliteJabiru-max-1mb.gif
images

Fucking kids

One of the biggest misconceptions ever.

Brock had the same hype train as Conor. Fight a few people he could run over. Fight a competent fighter that can do it all he crumbles. Funny only after he gets steam rolled by Cain was it a problem before that he was the baddest man on the planet. Fact of the matter is he had a easy road to the title like McGregor and his luck ran out once he fought Cain and everyone else he couldn't take down.

He was scared to death of hunt regardless if he won or not and still reacted the same way he always did to pressure and punches. Taking bad shots for takedowns and does nothing on the feet but back up and throw the occasional punch or kick that second round Brock was close to throwing in the towel he was so scared. All that and he was on his monkey juice .

I don't know man. I'm no Brock fan but it's hard to argue the Brock that steamrolled everyone up to Mir at UFC 100 and the Brock that came back after surgery to get destroyed by Carwin in a fight that he never should have made it out of the first round and every fight after that doesn't look nearly as strong and explosive as pre illness Brock.

Although I suppose there could be other explanations for this but the timing and circumstances will always understandably results in people having the same thought as TS and contemplating the "what if."

Brock went to panic mode the second the other guy landed a semi good blow. HW is shit either way. Dont go comparing brock and conor.

Hasn't Mcgregor only lost to Diaz (which he avenged) and Khabib in the UFC?

Will you say that about Cain? He walked through everyone and avenged his JDS loss. He crumbled when facing a superior opponent in Werdum who could outsrike him and had better cardio and more power. How many fights has Cain had since?

Using cainsCisdues comparing to Brock is crazy lol. Brock is scared to take a hit he's a big dog until he's fighting a superior opponent. Cain has never feared anyone and if he takes a big shot he tries to work through it not sit down and cover up.

Lesnar was an animal in his prime

I think the Brock we saw at UFC 100 would've had a good chance of beating Stipe

I don't know man. I'm no Brock fan but it's hard to argue the Brock that steamrolled everyone up to Mir at UFC 100 and the Brock that came back after surgery to get destroyed by Carwin in a fight that he never should have made it out of the first round and every fight after that doesn't look nearly as strong and explosive as pre illness Brock.

Although I suppose there could be other explanations for this but the timing and circumstances will always understandably results in people having the same thought as TS and contemplating the "what if."

Agreed. I also think that Mir and Randy were fully capable guys who could do it all (in response to TS) and were absolutley not guys that Brock was spoon fed in order to run over. Let’s not forget the ref poked out HH’s eye before that fight even began.

I also see zero comparison to Conor. Funny, the very first response in a Brock thread disses Conor, who’s probably still bruised right now. Conor was on a win streak that was basically twice as long as Brock’s entire career. We watched him crumble after a two-year layoff against a quality opponent who has beaten everyone he’s faced. Easy to understand.

He was great at some things and really bad at others. Looked great against Mir (figh 2) and Herring. Pretty good against Couture. Couture was older and smaller, but remember that most people are fighting bums in their local circuit for their 4th MMA fight, not Randy Couture.

At the time, he was the first one to actually make it to round 2 with Shane Carwin, let alone win. But that was definitely the blueprint to beat him.

He's never gonna beat guys like Cain, Overeem, and probably Carwin again.

The Overeem fight was the most disappointing to watch. That one he looked like he had zero heart and really showed up to lose. Cain whipped his ass but it at least looked like he was primed and ready to go.

Take steroids away and he would be a 210lb shadow of himself... same thing with overeem. Being an ugly bastard with Neanderthal like features and a military haircut also helps.

Back