Pre cain Jds vs prime fedor

fedor-vs-cro-cop-o.gif
2db5d10.jpg
2pzifpj.gif
McwhIyM.gif
<Fedor23>
I give Fedor fans a lot of crap, and the man was amazing, but none of those guys are JDS or Cain for that matter. Arlovski arguably has crisper boxing, but JDS has a power advantage and isn't going for a flying knee. He's not going for headkicks against a superior grappler and he's not Tim Sylvia. All that said I still don't know who I would root for and damn TS for making me think about this fight again.

I give Fedor fans a lot of crap, and the man was amazing, but none of those guys are JDS or Cain for that matter. Arlovski arguably has crisper boxing, but JDS has a power advantage and isn't going for a flying knee. He's not going for headkicks against a superior grappler and he's not Tim Sylvia. All that said I still don't know who I would root for and damn TS for making me think about this fight again.

JDS is I think a significantly worse counter fighter than Crocop with much worse against against the ropes/cage.

One interesting one that came up in another thread is JDS vs Semmy.

Last edited:
huh, he keep fighting and trying to win despite taking severe beatings in both those cain fights.

All of HW should thank Cain for ruining JDS.

His mental weakness is not in his inability to take punishment.

His weakness is that once he get challenged he freezes and ONLY takes punishment. His hands just seem to not work anymore and he gets abused.

Don't ask me why, it's strange to me as well, especially for such an athlete.

I know JDS looked like a world beater when he faced old dudes in Mir, Crocop, Yvel ...

I know he looked awesome against dudes with no mobility like Roy or Big Ben, or 1 rounders like Carwin. But they didn't challenge him.

JDS by being a superior mixed martial artist.

Let's compare their assets...

JDS:

Boxing
Td defense
Sub defense
Strength/power
Conditioning
Chin/durability

Fedor:

Trips/throws
Guard
Transitions
GNP
Dirty boxing
Kickboxing
Subs/sub defense
Strength/power
Conditioning
Chin/durability

His mental weakness is not in his inability to take punishment.

His weakness is that once he get challenged he freezes and ONLY takes punishment. His hands just seem to not work anymore and he gets abused.

Don't ask me why, it's strange to me as well, especially for such an athlete.

I know JDS looked like a world beater when he faced old dudes in Mir, Crocop, Yvel ...

I know he looked awesome against dudes with no mobility like Roy or Big Ben, or 1 rounders like Carwin. But they didn't challenge him.

I think its partly technical, JDS doesn't have great head movement close in nore does he have a good straight counter but yeah it does seem like when guys have him against the cage he freezes up, we've seen it happen in pretty much every fight from the second Cain match onwards.

Honestly in the Pride environment I think he'd have quite quickly started taking a lot of punishment, Fedor, Semmy, Crocop, Sergei, Aleks and a younger quicker Hunt would lay hands(or shins) on him too much. Not that I couldn't see him still winning some of those fights but he'd IMHO likely not have lasted well.

I agree JDS is the much more well rounded MMA fighter, but I was responding to the point that he made that no HW can beat JDS standing, which is not true. On the feet Semmy would dismantle him

In MMA (Especially in cage), thats not a foregone conclusion by any means. Who did Semmy beat in a bout with MMA striking rules?

Im sorry but I cant picture anyone beating prime Fedor...probably because NO ONE ever beat prime Fedor.

Are they making men different than they did 15 years ago?

In MMA (Especially in cage), thats not a foregone conclusion by any means. Who did Semmy beat in a bout with MMA striking rules?

JDS is a better anti grappler than Semmy(although he's not faced the sub grappling talent Schilt did) but that fight would likely be standup vs standup.

I mean to be fair I think Semmy would have given Crocop, Hunt or Sylvia big trouble as well but he never got to fight a high level guy who was mostly a striker.

Last edited:
JDS is a better anti grappler than Semmy(although he's not faced the sub grappling talent Schilt did) but that fight would likely be standup vs standup.

I'm saying Semmy's striking in MMA is not proven.

I think its partly technical, JDS doesn't have great head movement close in nore does he have a good straight counter but yeah it does seem like when guys have him against the cage he freezes up, we've seen it happen in pretty much every fight from the second Cain match onwards.

Honestly in the Pride environment I think he'd have quite quickly started taking a lot of punishment, Fedor, Semmy, Crocop, Sergei, Aleks and a younger quicker Hunt would lay hands(or shins) on him too much. Not that I couldn't see him still winning some of those fights but he'd IMHO likely not have lasted well.

I'm not saying this as an insult to JDS, but he should have been a belly puncher.

This tactic made his shine vs Big Ben and vs Carwin.

Get in, punch the belly, get out, circle circle, repeat. And then a flurry in the last 30 sec of each round, especially later rounds.

It would have worked for him. Still can.

As for the cage yeah, once he touches that fence it's like he's glued to it. All his movement goes to shit.

I'm not saying this as an insult to JDS, but he should have been a belly puncher.

This tactic made his shine vs Big Ben and vs Carwin.

Get in, punch the belly, get out, circle circle, repeat. And then a flurry in the last 30 sec of each round, especially later rounds.

It would have worked for him. Still can.

As for the cage yeah, once he touches that fence it's like he's glued to it. All his movement goes to shit.

Generally his laterial movement isn't very good as with Arlovski, he's far tougher than Andrei that's helped him(weak chin JDS loses to Hunt, Rothwell, etc maybe even to Nelson) but he doesn't have the same straight counters he did that could avoid being pushed back.

Wasteland theses stupid fantasy threads same shit gets asked twice a week

How about twinkle in his Dad's eye JDS vs Tadpole in his Father's left nut Fedor.

Wow, love that image! You know what it's called? Would love to have a high-resolution version of it.
The Neverending Dreamer by Cameron Gray - Heres high rez version - Just download picThe Neverending Dreamer  by Cameron Gray.jpg

Let's compare their assets...

JDS:

Boxing
Td defense
Sub defense
Strength/power
Conditioning
Chin/durability

Fedor:

Trips/throws
Guard
Transitions
GNP
Dirty boxing
Kickboxing
Subs/sub defense
Strength/power
Conditioning
Chin/durability
You just exposed your ignorance of JDS' skills.

Back