Prank on BJJ class: Black Belt pretends to be a White Belt in BJJ visiting Biloxi, MS

OK that was very very very funny.

And shows what is great about BJJ it is tested every day and skill shows iteself

Who's the red-haired purple belt at 1:00? She's a QT3.14

Ahah love it!
All the purple getting tapped must feel so humiliated!

Come visit Texas!

haha I am thinking about doing the dallas open, so if I do ill keep you guys posted

hahaha just noticed that when one of the purple belts asks where he's trained, the black belt goes "I watch the ufc, i watch the ufc"

Alex, the only thing that would make this cooler would be if you pretended to still be spazzing while crushing purples. I've seen black belts handling purple belts while only using one hand, keeping the other in their belt. So, you could use one arm correctly and flail randomly with the other and still do well. Maybe deliberately do some completely stupid stuff at moments where you know it won't matter and then switch back to correct technique at the instant it counts. Do a lot of stuff visibly wrong, but make up for it with a lot of invisible jiujitsu. Basically, it would be great to have everyone except the guy you're rolling with think you're still a completely beginner and then they'd all be like "wtf, what is wrong with our purple belts today??"

Alex, the only thing that would make this cooler would be if you pretended to still be spazzing while crushing purples. I've seen black belts handling purple belts while only using one hand, keeping the other in their belt. So, you could use one arm correctly and flail randomly with the other and still do well. Maybe deliberately do some completely stupid stuff at moments where you know it won't matter and then switch back to correct technique at the instant it counts. Do a lot of stuff visibly wrong, but make up for it with a lot of invisible jiujitsu. Basically, it would be great to have everyone except the guy you're rolling with think you're still a completely beginner and then they'd all be like "wtf, what is wrong with our purple belts today??"

Although you have a great idea, I think part of the reason why I liked this video was that the guys at the gym were shocked that someone that practices grappling at a karate school and watches UFC could be so good.

People sometimes think if they are showing up to class a couple times a week they are good enough but that's not true because people everywhere are training as well, even in karate schools. The other way described, just shows that some newb could tool your guys. There's a lesson there as well, just a different one.

Sometimes I get comfortable at my own gym. If I do good at my own gym I get complacent. I forget that there are 20 schools in just my town, all training just as hard if not harder.

Where's the additional footage??

BearWaitingPatientlyForPicnic.jpg

I've seen black belts handling purple belts while only using one hand, keeping the other in their belt.

That's impressive!!

Our instructor will sometimes challenge himself and as us to roll him and he will go no hands. (We are No Gi) He subs white belts and some blue belts with ham sandwiches and other leg locks, and fends off the pruple belts, rarely gets submitted. (He's brown belt)

That was awesome. Nice ones guys hope to see more undercover black belt videos.

hahaha just noticed that when one of the purple belts asks where he's trained, the black belt goes "I watch the ufc, i watch the ufc"

Haha, yeah, one of the guys told me the other day that when they asked him about how long he trained one of his answers was, "8 months, but my instructor has been doing kung fu for 3 years, you should see him. HE'S GOOD!"

I cracked up when they told me that.

Back