Prank on BJJ class: Black Belt pretends to be a White Belt in BJJ visiting Biloxi, MS

wtf was that? was he thinking about going to inverted or some shit? LOL

I think he saw how other purples were getting destroyed and probably didn't want to roll.

Don't know. Mikey, care to elaborate on what the dealio is?

Was having a bad day, this cheered me up. The second purple belt's reaction was the best.

I had a similar thing happen to me in my school here. After the tsunami BJJ guys from all over the country came to donate gis and gear and some people came to train too. Black belt instructor Isamu Shishido from Purebred Omiya came to my school but he was wearing a white belt (still don't know why) I didn't know who he was and showed up to class a little late. The guys in my gym didn't introduce him and when we were rolling I was speechless. Later on I found out who he was. Felt like the guys in your video!

I think he saw how other purples were getting destroyed and probably didn't want to roll.

Don't know. Mikey, care to elaborate on what the dealio is?

That was Cody and he just never rolls like a normal human being, and everyone got a kick out of this because he likes to show off doing ridiculous stuff, especially with new guys. I think he was trying to do a variation on one of those traditional martial arts foot trips that don't really work for BJJ (He's actually really tough though, won a lot of grappling tournaments and 8-1 as a pro in MMA, just likes to mess around a lot when he rolls).

Cody was just extra funny because that was the last train and all the other purple/blue belts in class managed to find Alex on google (one of my guys ran off the mat and grabbed his iphone right after they rolled and looked up the school on Alex's gi) and figured out the plot, haha. Cody was in the back helping someone sign-up so he had no clue what was going on and a lot of the guys in the class watched that one and got a kick out of it.

This gave me a good laugh, I was laughing so hard my roommate asked me what was so funny.

I like the first match after the pass.. "Is that it".

That was really fun to watch. The sweeps were the best.

awesome, I like the dude at the end "I was about to just go home Im doing terrible today" haha

I didn't think I would like this, but I did. If a first day white belt was running through all our guys, I'd be looking for the nearest Kung Fu school.

These kind of pranks isn't really funny in my opinion. Making others feel frustrated and stupid.

And here we have people who have 0 sense of humor. Sure, the frustration is temporary, but in the end, that's what getting punk'd is all about.

Anyways, great video. I would be annoyed if this guy was tooling me as a white belt, but his end speech to the class was great and he was a funny guy. Loved it. They should have seen it coming with his god awful pummeling, then his insane coordination and movements in passing guard. Hahaha :)

It's amazing the difference in skill level between white and purple, and purple and black. The purples appear to be technically proficient, but the black belt has such sweet timing and intuition.

Thanks for posting it.

These kind of pranks isn't really funny in my opinion. Making others feel frustrated and stupid.

lol do you train BJJ? 95% of people feel that way when they're rolling with someone better than them. It's hilarious and he taught them a valuable lesson imo. I remember there was a quote from a famous BJJ practitioner saying the belt is only something that holds your gi together, sometimes you don't know what somebody's capable of even if they're a legitimate white belt.

really enjoyed that

One thing that made me think though: He was saying don't give up position against lower belts, but I thought the general thoughts about this were that against lower belts it is useful to put yourself in bad positions against them on purpose to work your escapes etc ,

Saw this video trending on facebook and found it to be hilarious! Good job!

I remember going against this kinda seasoned, mid forties new white belt guy, never imagining he spent almost all his years doing judo. He didn't tapped me but I underestimated him and it was an hell of a roll.

After that, everytime I roll for the first time with somebody new who isn't clearly unexperienced/a lot weaker than me, I always go for my A game. Not that it would have helped with a black belt in disguise of course :), but just to say that I find the suggestion at the end very good.

Made my morning- this concept is even funnier than bully beat down to me.

It's amazing the difference in skill level between white and purple, and purple and black. The purples appear to be technically proficient, but the black belt has such sweet timing and intuition.

Thanks for posting it.

Yeah seriously I was a bit surprised how quickly some of those purple belts were put in bad positions.
They must have seen the first couple guys get rick rolled I would image they would play a bit more defensively.

Yeah seriously I was a bit surprised how quickly some of those purple belts were put in bad positions.
They must have seen the first couple guys get rick rolled I would image they would play a bit more defensively.

The purple belts where the first ones to get hit. Then I started egging them on, "Don't take it easy just because he's a white belt."

Another funny thing Alex did was roll with one of the white belts and start giving up position, and getting caught in bad spots, so all the higher ranks were watching confused as hell. I'm going to see if I can dig up some more outtake footage. There was a lot of really funny stuff that didn't make the cut. One of my guys was trying to show Alex how to do the double leg in the beginning and it was probably the funniest thing I ever saw. I actually had to leave the mat for a second and pretend to do something so I didn't crack up and blow the cover off the operation.

I saw this vid the other day on the Vamos facebook page. Made me lol.

I've trained with Alex before. He's an awesome teacher, nice guy and an absolutely LEGIT practitioner. I had the honor of rolling with him...it was humbling to say the least.

Thanks for posting it.

I was showing this to my friend who knows some bjj as a layman but doesn't train. I was explaining how every single one of those purples would smash me with one arm tied behind their back without breaking a sweat just to give him some perspective on the amazing level of technique being displayed.

really enjoyed that

One thing that made me think though: He was saying don't give up position against lower belts, but I thought the general thoughts about this were that against lower belts it is useful to put yourself in bad positions against them on purpose to work your escapes etc ,
If you want to practise escapes you should start the roll in the bad position

Back