Practical techniques from movies, TV shows, and video games.

7even

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This thread is not to be taken seriously. Let's just have some fun with posting videos of martial art techniques from any media that seems practical.

CQC from the world of Metal Gear Solid.

John Wick

Last edited:

Everything you need to know about martial arts training right there.

The vast majority of the fighting techniques in Sleeping Dogs:

As well as much of whats in the John Wick movies:

3:17 Bruce Lee shows the jab to the body followed by a feint to the body and left hook upstairs

17:28 I love how it sounds like an 80s montage is about to begin then it immediately cuts off as Lorenzo Lamas chastises his lack of a guard

By the way if anybody likes a bit of cheesy 90s action then you can do worse than that film ^^ Gary Daniels gets the shit kicked out of him at the start

Last edited by a moderator:
The triangle choke is proven to be more than practical, but it was showed in Lethal Weapon way before the UFC was even started.

The triangle choke is proven to be more than practical, but it was showed in Lethal Weapon way before the UFC was even started.

And the fact it was used on Gary "Bat shit" Busey makes it all the better

This is pushing the boundaries of what's plausible, but I just had to post this.

This is pushing the boundaries of what's plausible, but I just had to post this.

Absolutely pushing the boundaries of plausability, i mean, how the fuck does one fight in such a constricting costume??

Absolutely pushing the boundaries of plausability, i mean, how the fuck does one fight in such a constricting costume??
Well this fight in this Batman movie is way much more practical. Some nice head movement and counters from Bane. Highly underrated fight scene, imo.

Well this fight in this Batman movie is way much more practical. Some nice head movement and counters from Bane. Highly underrated fight scene, imo.

I was kidding mate ;):D

Speaking of Batman, I absolutely loved this film as a kid and seeing Batman get his shit pushed in like this was actually traumatising, like watching your favourite fighter who you beleived to be invincible just get demoliished on the spot

tzNHSHq.gif

well, thought this one was obvious...

Back