PR firm cancels holiday party after Trump win

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://pagesix.com/2016/12/06/pr-firm-cancels-holiday-party-after-trump-win/

la-tpaniogue-1480711053-snap-photo.jpg

Manhattan fashion p.r. company LaForce — which reps Target, Banana Republic and Williams-Sonoma, to name a few — has canceled its holiday party because of Trump’s victory.

James LaForce and his husband, Stephen Henderson, had booked Irving Plaza for a thousand guests on Dec. 19 and designed an invite showing Hillary Clinton as an American flag-waving Santa with the words, “Make America Merry Again.”
LaForce had bought thousands of feet of red, white and blue bunting, and male models were lined up to pose in nothing but stars-and-stripes body paint.

Instead, LaForce sent out a letter stating, “We envisioned an extra-cheerful celebration of Hillary Clinton’s presidency . . . Alas, Election Day did not go as we’d hoped. So it’s with deep regret that we are canceling this year’s party.”

LaForce sent the money that would have been spent on the party to Planned Parenthood, Housing Works and the Stonewall Foundation.
“We just decided we couldn’t go through with it,” LaForce told me.
The p.r. exec said he and Henderson, who have been together for 27 years, were on a bullet train in Japan following the election results on his iPhone, as his employees in New York were crying.

“I felt so bad. We thought of cutting our trip short,” LaForce said.

lol, Merry Christmas, Stephen and James :)

slideshow_std_h__0018_Binder1-28.psd.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, that's just pathetic and childish.

this is the la force guy, with glasses. you americans dodged a massive bullet by electing trump.

screen-shot-2014-12-16-at-9-24-44-pm.png

Meh. I think it's cool that they're donating the money from the party. I'm sure it's a reasonably big number.

That brought a smile to my face reading that.

lol, Merry Christmas, Stephen and James :)

slideshow_std_h__0018_Binder1-28.psd.jpg
Da Fuq? Trump was more pro gay than Hillary ever was

I mean in the 90's all she could think about was "At least it was Monica Lewinsky and not Marco Lewinsky"

Can't have the party you want? Use the money to pay for abortions. Makes sense.

What they don't
Can't have the party you want? Use the money to pay for abortions. Makes sense.
What they don't realize is that they are helping MAGA by donating money for abortions. Most abortions are from lower income people whop tend to vote Democrat. Every future dem baby killed is a helping MAGA!!!

mocking patriotism is a big no no in my book.... this gsy couple thinks Patriotism is idiotic?

if they really think Patriotism is idiotic they should try being gay in Pakistan.

okay I know some Moslem appologist will call me out for using Pakestan as a negstive example but what you gonna do about it?

this fucking terrorist appologist are really disgusting

I think it is in poor taste to have a company sponsored political theme to begin with. Be it Trump or Hilldawg, the company isn't about politics, the employees aren't working on politics, so it is just alienating to have that theme (and then be reactionary and cancel it after the fact).

Well great. What the fuck am I going to do with all this red, white, and blue body paint now?

okay I know some Moslem appologist will call me out for using Pakestan as a negstive example but what you gonna do about it?
Don't name a specific country, just state any country whose main mode of transportation is a camel, would chop off your head, instead

Back