POWERFUL cardio exercises?

Using a recreational sport as a way to improve your central cardio adaptions is definitely something that should be discussed more.

Sure it needs. Soccer is really blasting your cardio. It has a lot of LISS and short sprints. It is intensive as fuck. I would not run that much if it was not for soccer.

Tennis is also very intensive with short sprints.

The negatives is that you can not really measure it. But you feel it and if you try to give 100% every time you can go and measure once per month your development.

2721501609470.jpg

There's no ''best'' exercises. It all depends on your current level of fitness

If you're a beginner, I suggest brisk walks for 30-60 mins, 3-6x per week. That will help build a foundation.

From here on out, I would do a mix of 2x week incline walking of maybe 2-3km and another 2x week of rowing / rope skipping / jogging (i know some people arent a fan).

After that, I'm a firm believer you can maintain high level cardio (not elite) from just doing 5-10 sets of 100m hill sprints once or twice a week. If that ever gets easy, add a parachute for drag, or do 125-150m. It will also shred fat, build quads/hammies and spare the joints.

How about burpees vs jumprope? Serious question

I find combining steady state running as a base and sprints on top of that to work pretty well.

If you want to mix things up, do some workouts on a heavy bag, go running on the beach/sand dune sprints, skip rope, go for a swim, go to the park and play a game of touch rugby/football, go a class at the gym (boxing, wrestling, even a boxercise class), do a light weight high volume circuit (think they are called complex’s from memory).

How about burpees vs jumprope? Serious question

Jumping rope is much more efficient at burning calories. Burpees take a lot out of you and don’t burn as much as jumping rope for HIIT.

I do both though and enjoy doing 100 burpees after a workout once in awhile.

Jumping rope is much more efficient at burning calories. Burpees take a lot out of you and don’t burn as much as jumping rope for HIIT.

I do both though and enjoy doing 100 burpees after a workout once in awhile.
Try an 8 count bodybuilder rather than a burpee. They're the devil
@babyjay

Back