POWER RANGERS Movie (Features First Gay Character; First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: October 9, 2015

POWER RANGERS Villains, Timeline, Opening Scene Revealed

rcugy8.jpg

According to Collider, director Dean Israelite's Power Rangers movie won’t be focused on mining old property, but rather continuing the story told in the long-running television show. In fact, it’s looking like the movie will be wholly set after the events of the current TV iteration, Power Rangers Dino Charge. And since the site is hearing that Dino Charge characters factor into the movie’s opening, perhaps it will serve as a hand-off of the franchise to the new super-suited team.

Collider also learned that Power Rangers is expected to shoot in Vancouver from January to April of next year, which is the earliest that fans will be able to get a glimpse of what the final film might just look like. Keep in mind that whatever set photos inevitably leak, the site has learned that Power Rangers will mix location work with quite a bit of green screen, so the fully polished version is going to differ significantly from any amateur long-lens shots.

The site also learned that the movie will open with a huge battle scene. It seems that in Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz's script, Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd will not be the main antagonists. As loyal fans of the series know, both of those villains were among the evil forces purified by Zordon’s energy wave (or Z-wave) that spread peace throughout the universe. However, not all adversaries were neutralized. There’s even one major villain from the early days of the series who promised she would return, but never did, prompting people to assume that she was destroyed or turned good by the Z-wave.

Sources tell Collider that Scorpina, the ruthless and dangerous minion of Rita, has returned to plague the Rangers once more. And it seems she’s brought an army, which she uses to battle the Power Rangers and their robot Megazords in the epic opening battle scene. The Rangers (presumably the Dino Charge team at this point) are protecting the Morphin Grid, an energy field that provides power to every generation of Rangers. This energy grid not only lets the Rangers borrow its power to morph into their super versions, it gives them access to past, present, and future Ranger memories so that they can glimpse other Rangers and glean strategies from battles.

Exclusive: ‘Power Rangers’ Movie Villains, Timeline, and Opening Scene Revealed

Sweet! I'd rather it be a new team than a reboot of the old team anyway.

Space was the last season I was invested in as a kid. I'm watching the history video from that link you posted. God the story is so good that season. I think Space is the best season than all that came before it(haven't seen anything that comes after it). I kind of wish that's where they were taking this new movie. A Power Ranger in Space movie would be a mix of a super hero movie, Star Trek/Star Wars, and a kaiju movie all rolled in one.

Linkara also gave up watching as a kid after In Space. I watched until Turbo, that killed me off for a bit then I watched bits of almost all the series since.

Quick Breakdown of the seasons after Zordon for those who want to take a look on the HoPR page.
http://atopthefourthwall.com/other-videos/?ovc=hopr
- Lost Galaxy: Get powers via sword in the stone magic and fight evil bugs in space. The military fighting the bugs are the Starship Troopers which is great. The Yellow Ranger was the naked foreign exchange student from Not Another Teen Movie. Great team-up with In Space crew.
- Lightspeed Rescue: Start of the government run Ranger teams, they fight demons.
- Timeforce: This was a series that hooked me and watched as it was going on. Mutants and Machines from the future vs time traveling cops battle in present day.
- Wildforce: Back to nature and animal theme fighting orges. Has the Forever Red special with the Red Rangers throughout the show uniting (but no Rocky) which is tremendous outside of the ending when the budget ran out.
- Ninja Storm: Starts the 3 Ranger format and filming in New Zealand.
- Dino Thunder: Tommy returns to the show as both a mentor and Ranger. Awesome looking dinoman villain.
- SPD: Ranger Cops, the B Squad. More Rangers than any other series.
- Mystic Force: Power Rangers meets Ferngully and Harry Potter.
- Overdrive: Power Rangers adventuring around the world looking for ancient objects, Indiana Jones style. They fight the Snow Miser and Heat Miser.
- Jungle Fury: More ninja stuff but better than Ninja Storm.
- RPM: Alternate future Rangers with everything from 2001, Mad Max and Terminator having a big influence on the series. Really good stuff.

I never understood the fandom for Power Rangers, it has to be about as queer of an entertainment franchise as you can think up.

maker this like Deadpool if they've got the balls too :cool:

I remember loving the MMPR as a kid, I went to see them at Universal Studios when I was a kid, Great part of my childhood. I'll check this out just for kicks, but basically after Jason, Zack and Trini left, I basically stopped watching the show.

Same here, it just wasn't the same.

Sweet! I'd rather it be a new team than a reboot of the old team anyway.

I'm confused, so it's a new team? I heard that it was new actors playing the same characters from the original.

What's your prediction on it? Will it be decent?
Sorry for the delay in my response, I read your post just now. I have a feeling it'll be decent. I'm not that big a fan of Power Rangers myself, but I'm hoping it will be at least decent.

I'm confused, so it's a new team? I heard that it was new actors playing the same characters from the original.
You are correct. The article Adamant last quoted was an outdated one. The more recent one regarding using the original characters' names are HERE.

I'm actually not sure. I heard what you heard, but then I heard it was taking place AFTER every Power Rangers series to date. So a sequel of sorts. I really hope it's the latter.

Update: February 6, 2016

Images and Videos of Cast in Training for POWER RANGERS Movie

Dacre Montgomery: "Last training session today! Massive shoutout and a huge thank you to the guys down @waimaclub Phil, Andrew and Graham. It's been an incredible journey and I've come so far in the last few months and still have so much to learn and space to grow. I feel honoured to have been trained by you guys, such an inspiration! Time to get cracking"

New Power Rangers Cast Is Looking Ranger-Ready In These New Training Photos/Videos

RJ Cyler: "Ranger nation get ready for one crazy time!!!! Billy C checking in (blue ranger) ITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN "Kevin Hart" face"

"Ranger progress i am so ready to crush it with the ranger family @dacremontgomery@ludilin@iambeckyg@naomigscott lets crush it!!!!!"

Ludi Lin: "Be strong enough to carry the world on your shoulders in case one day Atlas Shrugged."

Update: February 29, 2016

Official Plot Synopsis for SABAN'S POWER RANGERS Released

Mighty-Morphin-Power-Ranger-Issue-0.jpg

Saban's Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove - and the world - is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threats. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.

The film stars Dacre Montgomery (A Few Less Men) as Jason the Red Ranger, RJ Cyler (Me and Earl and the Dying Girl) as Billy the Blue Ranger, Naomi Scott (The 33) as Kimberly the Pink Ranger, Becky G (Empire) as Trini the Yellow Ranger, Ludi Lin (Monster Hunt) as Zack the Black Ranger, and Elizabeth Banks (Pitch Perfect) as Rita Repulsa.

Directed by Dean Israelite (Project Almanac), Saban's Power Rangers is written by John Gatins (Real Steel), Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama (Dracula Untold), Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class), and Max Landis (Chronicle). Saban’s Power Rangers will debut in theaters on March 24, 2017.

Lionsgate Releases Official Plot Synopsis for Saban's Power Rangers

I used to have a thing for the original Rita.

"Chosen by destiny"

ah fuck this shit this is gonna be just another hunger games

Pretty fcking stoke for a modern ranger.

Hope the choreography for the fights will be epic

She would've got it too, but I've always been a little kinky and had a thing for older women.

fwiw i had a thing for scorpina. but also the pink rangers. like, all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back