Power Hungry UC Berkeley Cop takes all cash from a Hotdog Street Vendor's wallet. Right or Wrong?

the guy who made the video opened a gofundme for the hot dog vendor and made 50 grand

the guy who made the video opened a gofundme for the hot dog vendor and made 50 grand

giphy.gif

Your logic is flawed. The food truck guy no doubt has a driver's license. It isn't a food license, nor is it a taxi license.

my logic isn't flawed, who said anything about the food truck guy having a driver's license?
{<huh}

1. Tattoo artist is obviously different than a nail salon. One need not oppose all regulation and licensing to recognize that most of it is bullshit. There is no reason to need any certificate at all to run a nail salon.

To run a nail salon or actually provide the manicures, pedicures, etc.?

If you're strictly referring to managing and taking money that is one thing. If you are referring to anyone performing something where they're touching various people then I totally disagree. They can't be in a job providing a service involving any personal hygiene (like doing manicures or pedicures, a tattoo artist or barber) without any type of licensing or certification. To say different is ignorant.

If you're strictly referring to managing and taking money that is one thing. If you are referring to anyone performing something where they're touching various people then I totally disagree. They can't be in a job providing a service involving any personal hygiene (like doing manicures or pedicures, a tattoo artist or barber) without any type of licensing or certification. To say different is ignorant.

Define can't. Because it's obvious that they can. Do you mean shouldn't?

Licensing people for every damned thing they want to do retards economic growth, especially for the poor and minorities. Some few trades need licensed. The vast majority do not.

Would have taken you for a caveat emptor kinda dude.

Theft. But he would let antifa smash windows and attack people, but sell some E. coli dogs and...

Well obviously folks can take many actions that should be licensed without actually having the appropriate licensing . . . that's what this thread is about is it not?

I'm simply saying that anything where personal hygiene is involved should be regulated and required to follow specific standards. Period.

Licensing people for every damned thing they want to do retards economic growth, especially for the poor and minorities. Some few trades need licensed. The vast majority do not.

Yet again . . . hundreds if not thousands of folks seem to manage making it just fine . . . even the poor and minorities.

Please provide examples of trades that should and should be licensed and why . . .

Would have taken you for a caveat emptor kinda dude.

To a point . . . ultimately it is the buyer's responsibility and up to them if they want to risk buying from questionable sources, but after almost 30 years of public health school and work I can't ignore folks who openly disregard public health and think they can go around being unclean and sell tainted products.

And which ones don't.

The ones that can kill and hurt/ make people sick.

Like say the electricians that work on buildings, the plumbers that run gas and water, nurses, doctors, the guys that work at the water treatment plant and the list goes on to help protect people from shit heads.

I don't agree with the cop taking his money without due process unless it is evidence and only then until and if he gets a court order.

I don't agree with the cop taking his money without due process unless it is evidence and only then until and if he gets a court order.

I think I agree with you more on this point than I disagree with you on the other point.

Back