Trump Strips Former CIA Chief John Brennan of Security Clearance

Is Trump Stripping Security Clearances a good or bad thing?

• Total voters
Eh, it’s a pretty nuanced system. He has to be able to maintain his security clearance so that he can discuss top secret information currently being developed with the current CIA head that may be related to things that occurred while he held that position.
And spin it to the MSM.

Every time I watch Chump stop and talk to the press, I feel like he's not much different from the neighborhood retard.

It would be nice if we had something like a co-equal branch of government to protect us from a wannabe dicktator fucktard.

(CNN)President Donald Trump announced Wednesday he has revoked former CIA director John Brennan's security clearance, marking an unprecedented use of a president's authority over the classification system to strike back at one of his prominent critics.

"I have a unique constitutional responsibility to protect the nation's classified information, including by controlling access to it. Today, in fulfilling that responsibility, I have decided to revoke the security clearance of John Brennan, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency," Trump said in a statement dictated in the White House briefing room by his press secretary Sarah Sanders. "Mr. Brennan's lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation's most closely held secrets."
Brennan is the first former national security official to see his security clearance revoked since the White House announced last month that Trump was considering taking that action against several of his most vocal critics in the national security world.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/15/politics/john-brennan-security-clearance/index.html

Brennan sums up my thoughts on this here:

Truly disgusting, authoritarian behavior.

Security clearance = first amendment right?

All the while, left-wing extremists are silencing conservative speakers using physical violence on college campuses all across the United States. God forbid the President of the United States should revoke a security clearance from someone who no longer needs it and could potentially use it for financial gain as a paid MSNBC contributor (among other more nefarious purposes). The hypocrisy of the left truly has no bounds. :rolleyes:

On a side note, most individuals in the government who have a security clearance lose that security clearance as soon as they leave the government work that requires it. I am not clear on why people like Brennan think they deserve some kind of special privilege to keep it (let alone claim it is an extension of their first amendment rights). Absolutely insane.

Last edited:

Now all of a sudden, it was just a figure of speech.
Dudes an idiot and a liar.

Yes, I understand HOW they work, probably better than you. Regardless, they should NOT have clearance once they leave their position. You are making assumptions that these people will be asked for their input on a frequent basis, which is incorrect. They use this information for personal gain, be it as a talking head on a fake news show, to make money "consulting", or to simply feel important. If you think that's a good idea, you're wrong.
There's a difference between having clearance and actually accessing information. Unless some credible information is shown that he was in fact accessing and leaking classified information this was a purely punitive measure.

There's a difference between having clearance and actually accessing information. Unless some credible information is shown that he was in fact accessing and leaking classified information this was a purely punitive measure.
The difference is irrelevant (even if your claim that he didn't "access" classified data is correct). Most people who obtain security clearances to work for the federal government lose those security clearances once they leave the work that requires it. Neither Brennan nor anyone else is entitled to maintain their security clearances once they are no longer working in a government position that requires one, and it certainly isn't an extension of their first amendment rights. This isn't over free speech. It's over money. Having a security clearance makes Brennan more marketable as an analyst/contributor on a major news network like MSNBC. Fuck that guy.

Last edited:
The difference is irrelevant (even if your claim that he didn't "access" classified data is correct). Most people who obtain security clearances to work for the federal government lose those security clearances once they leave the work that requires them. Neither Brennan nor anyone else is entitled to maintain their security clearances once they are no longer working in a government position that requires one, and it certainly isn't an extension of their first amendment rights. This isn't over free speech. It's over money. Having a security clearance makes Brennan more marketable as an analyst/contributor on a major news network like MSNBC. Fuck that guy.
People in positions like his do keep their clearance. This is a freedom of speech issue because this measure was taken against him for speaking against Trump. The excuse is that he was monetizing it and that he was part of the Deep State that began the Mueller investigation falsely against an innocent Trump. We will be better able to debate this once the investigation is completed and we know who actually committed crimes.

People in positions like his do keep their clearance. .

A select few do if the current administration grants them that privilege because it benefits the federal government.

This is a freedom of speech issue because this measure was taken against him for speaking against Trump.

Not at all. Brennan has no right to his security clearance, and the motive for revoking it is irrelevant since his security clearance is not an extension of his first amendment rights (if it was then we would all be entitled to a security clearance). Revoking Brennan's security clearance in no way inhibits Brennan's free speech. Trump is also proposing revoking the security clearance of General Petreaus and many others who have not spoken out against Trump.

The excuse is that he was monetizing it and that he was part of the Deep State that began the Mueller investigation falsely against an innocent Trump. We will be better able to debate this once the investigation is completed and we know who actually committed crimes.

It's a reality that Brennan is monetizing his security clearance. The "investigation" can play out until the end of time. In the meantime, Trump has full authority to determine who maintains a security clearance and who does not. Trump does not revoke someone's first amendment rights by revoking their privilege to maintain a security clearance.

Now all of a sudden, it was just a figure of speech.
Dudes an idiot and a liar.

I don't even know why he would attempt to walk it back at this point. A little late to be dialing down the crazy hyperbole, no?

I don't even know why he would attempt to walk it back at this point. A little late to be dialing down the crazy hyperbole, no?
What amazes me is that there are people that are aghast that the senile piece of shit had his clearance revoked.
Oh well, he can always keep his MSNBC misinformation gig. Seems right up his alley.

When he says "nothing short of treasonous" he really means "well short of treasonous".
Got it!

Trumpbots. Brennan is a scumbag, govt officials shouldn't use their positions to make money .

giphy.gif

Back