Trump Strips Former CIA Chief John Brennan of Security Clearance

Is Trump Stripping Security Clearances a good or bad thing?

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure when Trump goes to prison his clearance will automatically be revoked. :D

Chances of that happening are equal to the chances of Steven Seagal being taken seriously as an actor.

Chances of that happening are equal to the chances of Steven Seagal being taken seriously as an actor.

He's taken quite seriously by your man crush.

gettyimages-163605519_custom-7e402cf69e11affd5d5c566b75b3c2c64a151b75-s800-c85.jpg

2248.jpg

steven-seagal-vladimir-putin-150192946.jpg

Trump explains to WSJ why he acted against Brennan today and threatened the same for others:

“I call it the rigged witch hunt, [it] is a sham,” Mr. Trump said in an interview. “And these people led it!”

He added: “So I think it’s something that had to be done.”

The guy is a complete GUILTY idiot, innocent people don't act this way.

<Huh2>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4d1703d2a7a_story.html?utm_term=.0e7c36d09f36

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revokedon Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be

Dear Mr. McRaven,

I thank you for your service to this country and what you have done. All that said, I am the President and have the authority to revoke any clearance to anyone I feel is taking advantage of said clearance for political gain. While I acknowledge your opinion on the man, my decision is final.

On that note :

serveimage

HAVE A NICE DAY.

Last edited:
So just like the right don't have a reason....The LEFT don't have one either.

Then what the fuck is the point of this thread then?

Oh wait....It's Sherdog. Another excuse to piss on each other's cornflakes.

Yay.
{<huh}

If that's his aim, I welcome it.

No one who no longer has a job in government should have Top Secret Security Level clearance at all.

But that's just my opinion which I'm sure you and the rest are going to shit all over it. :rolleyes:

(in fact, looking through all the posts, I expect that to happen 'cause... #tolerance)
Yes, your opinion doesn't make sense to me and you don't appear to know what you're talking about. But that's your worry, not mine. Best of luck with it.

What happen now when Haspel or whoever holds the job in the future needs to consult with former officials (like they constantly do)? Brennan isn't allowed in the room and can't offer any input, all because the orange manchild got some sand into his vagina.
National security is Trump's responsibility. If Brennan disagrees with Trump then he has no business working in that field. His input is not wanted. He can go get his shinebox for all I care.

National security is Trump's responsibility. If Brennan disagrees with Trump then he has no business working in that field.

Lol that's rich. The entire intelligence community disagrees with him for some reason or another, for example for sharing classified information with foreign leaders for the fuck of it.

National security is Trump's responsibility. If Brennan disagrees with Trump then he has no business working in that field. His input is not wanted. He can go get his shinebox for all I care.
National security is the intelligence community's responsibility. And their ability to do their job is hindered when they lose access to someone who directed the CIA for 4 years (longest term in recent years btw) because their boss is an oversensitive little bitch. I bet they would very much want his input.

So whoever disagrees with Trump has no business working in the field? He should surround himself with weak yes men? It's the government, not a cult.

Not owing him loyalty and shutting him out to the detriment of the country are different levels of butthurt.

Yeah, I'm sure the CIA is just gonna fall apart without John Brennan. What are they ever gonna do?

LOL.

Yeah, I definitely said the CIA is gonna fall apart.

LOL

It's a detriment to the country though!!!

Some old retired guy got told he wasn't needed anymore. Big fuckin' deal. Happens everyday in all industries. Don't try to tell me that John Brennan's knowledge on current classified material is infinitely indisposable. The country will get by just fine without him chiming in.

It's a detriment to the country though!!!

Some old retired guy got told he wasn't needed anymore. Big fuckin' deal. Happens everyday in all industries. Don't try to tell me that John Brennan's knowledge on current classified material is infinitely indisposable. The country will get by just fine without him chiming in.
It sure is.

I'm sure the CIA will continue to work just fine without anyone consulting him. But it will make their jobs harder for no reason other than spite. Trump is a spiteful moron and he's eliminating human capital just so he can feel good about himself.

But it will make their jobs harder for no reason other than spite.

No it won't. That's absurd. Do you think they consult every single old retired CIA agent on every little thing? He's not an agent. He's just available. Just some old guy with some input. You're talking like he has some key role there, and is making decisions.

Just when I think you couldn't be more ignorantly biased, you go and do something like this and totally redeem yourself!!<36>

No it won't. That's absurd. Do you think they consult every single old retired CIA agent on every little thing? He's not an agent. He's just available. Just some old guy with some input. You're talking like he has some key role there, and is making decisions.
Can you stop making stuff up for one second. It will make their job harder should they come to a situation where Brennan's input would be valuable. Comey has already talked about this in the past. It's fairly common for these people to consult with their predecessors

What is there to be gained by stripping Brennan of his security clearance? That's the one thing you Trumpsters seem to be ignore. I guess it fulfills your pathogenic need to "trigger the libs", but what else?

Back