Trump Strips Former CIA Chief John Brennan of Security Clearance

Is Trump Stripping Security Clearances a good or bad thing?

• Total voters
You dont have to like America or Trump to see the obvious. The obvious is Trump is part of one side of the power elite & deep state but that there is strong opposition against him by another faction of deep state and power elite. The two are going to war. Maybe there is more oppoistion to Trump than any other president except jfk.

That is what it is. So obvious from outside perspective. Let not pretend like a former CIA director with ties Brennan has is harmless and means well. And has no other agenda.

Is this whataboutism? Because it seems like whataboutism . . .
What about-ism is attempting to shift the subject to someone else's misdeeds. It implies that all actions, regardless of context, share a moral equivalency, and since nobody is perfect, all criticism is hypocritical and everybody should do whatever they want.

What about-ism is attempting to shift the subject to someone else's misdeeds. It implies that all actions, regardless of context, share a moral equivalency, and since nobody is perfect, all criticism is hypocritical and everybody should do whatever they want.

I want to do whatever I want . . . all of the time. But I don't have top secret security clearance . . .

As long as that Apprentice chick still has her clearance, all's good.

There is no precedent for his action, which adds context to the fact that it was entirely unjustifiable.

What justification would removal have required in your opinion? If I'm no longer employed by the Feds I lose my access to everything . . . could comment based on experience, but anything above that would require my access/clearance to be approved/reinstated.

So you don't think there is any truth to folks monetizing their clearances? Or that if they've been identified as doing so that they should keep their clearance?

No. That would be justifying by pointing out others who do the same or worse.

Meh . . . I think it works both ways. So and so did this . . . so and so DIDN'T do that . . . therefore Trump is wrong.

What justification would removal have required in your opinion? If I'm no longer employed by the Feds I lose my access to everything . . . could comment based on experience, but anything above that would require my access/clearance to be approved/reinstated.

So you don't think there is any truth to folks monetizing their clearances? Or that if they've been identified as doing so that they should keep their clearance?
He'd have to be shown to have abused his access to information in some way. He hasn't violated any protocols of his security clearance as far as I've seen reported.

I'm voting "doesn't matter much."

And yes my vote counts, it is clearly a write in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4d1703d2a7a_story.html?utm_term=.0e7c36d09f36

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revokedon Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be

From my post in the Mueller thread, because it's not obvious how security clearances work:

Clearances go away in two stages. They become inactive when you stop working for the government, and they expire some time after that (typically they are good for 15/10/5 years depending on the clearance). It is relatively easy to activate a clearance that has not expired. It is very expensive and time-and-resource intensive to get a clearance again after expiration (and that office of government has been way overworked and understaffed as long as I've known).

Trump seems to be suggesting that, out of spite for a lack of fealty, he's going to revoke clearances, which will make it more difficult (or impossible) for those people to get jobs in areas where they are qualified, and also seems to be suggesting that he will disallow them from getting clearances at all while he is President.

If that's his aim, I welcome it.

No one who no longer has a job in government should have Top Secret Security Level clearance at all.

But that's just my opinion which I'm sure you and the rest are going to shit all over it. :rolleyes:

(in fact, looking through all the posts, I expect that to happen 'cause... #tolerance)

The Presidency is about one leaf away from being a banana dictatorship. This is some petty vindictive schoolgirl bullplop.

But don't be fooled... The revocation of the security clearance is just another hand grenade thrown into the pool while the house burns to the ground.

It's a vindictive distraction to take away from the fact that Onarolla has Pres. Trump and his staff on tape and they're being caught in some shady stuff.

One more thing...
You really shouldn't go around pi$$ing off your ex-spies.
Imjussayin'

Onarolla?

Who is that?

Do you mean Omarosa?

So no one has an actual reason for revocation of his clearance. Just shitty, snide remarks, and post hoc justifications. Typical.

So just like the right don't have a reason....The LEFT don't have one either.

Then what the fuck is the point of this thread then?

Oh wait....It's Sherdog. Another excuse to piss on each other's cornflakes.

Yay.

Back