Trump Strips Former CIA Chief John Brennan of Security Clearance

Is Trump Stripping Security Clearances a good or bad thing?

• Total voters

HomerThompson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(CNN)President Donald Trump announced Wednesday he has revoked former CIA director John Brennan's security clearance, marking an unprecedented use of a president's authority over the classification system to strike back at one of his prominent critics.

"I have a unique constitutional responsibility to protect the nation's classified information, including by controlling access to it. Today, in fulfilling that responsibility, I have decided to revoke the security clearance of John Brennan, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency," Trump said in a statement dictated in the White House briefing room by his press secretary Sarah Sanders. "Mr. Brennan's lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation's most closely held secrets."
Brennan is the first former national security official to see his security clearance revoked since the White House announced last month that Trump was considering taking that action against several of his most vocal critics in the national security world.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/15/politics/john-brennan-security-clearance/index.html

Brennan sums up my thoughts on this here:

Truly disgusting, authoritarian behavior.

Finally, move on to where the real problems lie.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3b6fc4-a0bb-11e8-8e87-c869fe70a721_story.html

We don't have the full story yet, but three possibilities exist, the first two are reported in the media, the 3rd obvious reason isn't:

The reasons reported:

1: President Trump is extracting some kind of retribution on a critic.

2: It serves as some kind of distraction.

The reason not (yet) reported:

3: John Brennan can't be trusted.

Time will ultimately prove one of these three possibilities correct.

What say you WarRoom?

Last edited:
Thinking_Face_Emoji_large.png

Crap, can't edit, but here was the transcript from FOX:

Sean Hannity: Do you see crimes?

Rudy Giuliani: Absolutely … I’m gonna tell you who orchestrated, who was the quarterback for all of this. It isn’t just Strzok. He’s a bit of a puppet. It’s not just Mueller, he’s a puppet…

Sean Hannity: I have a funny feeling you’re about to drop a bomb on me.

Rudy Giuliani: The guy’s running it was Brennan. And he should be in front of a grand jury.

This guy, because he had such disdain for the pussy-ness of both the R's & the D's, once voted straight Communist Party of America. Kinda bad ass.

5b11c2f1dda4c8fb068b45a4.jpg

Rudy Giuliani: Absolutely … I’m gonna tell you who orchestrated, who was the quarterback for all of this. It isn’t just Strzok. He’s a bit of a puppet. It’s not just Mueller, he’s a puppet…

Rudy Giuliani: The guy’s running it was Brennan. And he should be in front of a grand jury.
I just started a thread moments after this one.

One possibility that no one is reporting (yet):

John Brennan can't be trusted.

This bet is starting to kick my ass, @Fawlty.

I just started a thread moments after this one.

One possibility that no one is reporting (yet):

John Brennan can't be trusted.
This is purely punitive by Trump. Brennan has dared to be overly critical of him in public.

Why are people who are not currently in a job needing it keeping their clearance?

Should be signing their NDA on the way out and getting read off their programs.

Why are people who are not currently in a job needing it keeping their clearance?

Should be signing their NDA on the way out and getting read off their programs.
They need security clearances for future jobs, and most importantly to have candid conversations with people currently in government who need help with information.

Being able to talk to the past CIA director candidly about classified material is probably pretty fucking helpful.

If he is a FORMER anything, the security clearance that comes with it, should be removed immediately...

Back