Posterior Chain Training: Dumbbells vs Kettlebells swings vs Bodyweight

PapiFlaco

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
which option would be more effective, next best option as a substitute for barbell deadlifting? Is it hitting the direct areas (lower back, glutes, & Hammies) with Bodyweight, kettle bell swings, or using dumbbell variations of the barbell deadlift?

Quit making threads cause you don't like the answer you get

Honestly, I don't believe you can replace the deadlift however for the glutes and ham, I always like the kettle bell swing. Far as with calisthenics, lunges and hip thrust are awesome for the hams and glutes.

Honestly, I don't believe you can replace the deadlift however for the glutes and ham, I always like the kettle bell swing. Far as with calisthenics, lunges and hip thrust are awesome for the hams and glutes.

I know that you can't sub the barbell DL, that's why I started this thread, BUT what's the better option of these? Which leads to more gains and being the next best option after the barbell?

Quit making threads cause you don't like the answer you get

Your ignorance is showing based on you assumptions being made. Who do you think you are to TELL me why I'm making threads and if I like or don't like what I hear?

How old are you? An adult that's mature wouldn't be this obnoxious... Grow up son

I would have to with heavy kettlebell swing.

Your ignorance is showing based on you assumptions being made. Who do you think you are to TELL me why I'm making threads and if I like or don't like what I hear?

How old are you? An adult that's mature wouldn't be this obnoxious... Grow up son
My appologies. Carry on. I think kettlebell exercises would be the best of the three you mentioned.

And why do you say that compared to other options available?

That had been my personal experience. Have you look into making your own T handle for heavy swings? They are cheaper in a long run compare to buying several kettlebell.

lol he used to be a mod

How in the hell would bodyweight anything replicate a deadlift?

Seems like youd need an ungodly sized kettlebell to do this, and judging by your other thread that doesnt sound realistic either.

How in the hell would bodyweight anything replicate a deadlift?

Seems like youd need an ungodly sized kettlebell to do this, and judging by your other thread that doesnt sound realistic either.

Substituting and replicating are 2 different things. Also, you can use body weight training by doing Glute Ham Raises & Hyperextensions apparently. I think there was one more exercise that some people mentioned.

Dude, you need to cool it. Urban has forgot more about strength training than you'll ever know.

which option would be more effective, next best option as a substitute for barbell deadlifting?

I know that you can't sub the barbell DL, that's why I started this thread...

You ended your own thread, bro.

You know, I don't think I've said one mean thing to you.

You know, I don't think I've said one mean thing to you.

I must've misinterpreted your context then. If so, then I apologize. I'm just tired of some of the asshole ness that goes around

Regardless, I don't get how I ended my thread just because the deadlift is superior doesn't mean there aren't alternatives (regardless of how complex they may be) to working the same muscles to get CLOSE to the same results. Ignoring the muscles worked by the deadlift shows lack of dedication. You have to work around whatever adversity you currently have (speaking in general and towards the Deadlift alternative).

Last edited:
Back