Post Punk / Post Hardcore / Screamo / Math Core / Math Rock etc.

xbxrx don't think i've heard of them. album looks cool though

I've neglected this thread for far too long.

Best of Pig Destroyer and Agoraphobic Nosebleed:

All this Hewhocorrupts talk reminded me of another good band

Infestation of Ass

I was so shocked when "Raise The Bullshit Flag" came out, it's so much faster than their earlier stuff, which also sounds really lo-fi

xbxrx don't think i've heard of them. album looks cool though

They claimed to be banned from Canada. They were known for insane live shows.

Here they are "playing" a kids show!?

xbxrx - duels (1999)

from 2005

They were just high school kids when they started, they've gone through countless member changes. From New Orleans. Weasel Walter played drums for them for a bit.

I've neglected this thread for far too long.

Best of Pig Destroyer and Agoraphobic Nosebleed:

Nice choices. Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope is still my favourite Agoraphobic album. Kill theme For American Apeshit, so fucking good. They have awesome artwork also.

Agents of Abhorrence (Australia)

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer...list=false/track=3590610841/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://watchmaker.bandcamp.com/album/kill-fucking-everyone">Kill.Fucking.Everyone by Watchmaker</a></iframe>

Ruidosa Inmundicia (Austria)

Massgrav (Sweden)

Last edited:
hahahaha that is awesome

I got a good laugh out of it too, hadn't seen it before

Weasel Walter's band - the flying luttenbachers on the same show

Anyone who stumbled across this show while tripping out, would've been in for quite the surprise.

Dead Language (Basically Iron Lung with backing guitars and bass)

Gride (Czech Republic)

Punch (San Francisco)

Nice, I just downloaded that album a month or two ago. Good stuff. I love the name and cover.

Another great jazzy, math rock band

Never heard of Piglet, but I'm listening now and really enjoying it. I'm going to put this album on a CD so I can play it in my car. (no aux input jack on my radio)

Never heard of Piglet, but I'm listening now and really enjoying it. I'm going to put this album on a CD so I can play it in my car. (no aux input jack on my radio)

Yeah, Piglet is really good stuff. Too bad they just released one EP then called it a day.

You'll probably like "Loose Lips Sinks Ships" as well (I love these guys)

And So I Watch You From Afar

The Fucking Champs (Math-metal)

Been hooked on these guys lately (all instrumental)

This one has a beautiful saxaphone jam during the last half of the song

Yeah, Piglet is really good stuff. Too bad they just released one EP then called it a day.

You'll probably like "Loose Lips Sinks Ships" as well (I love these guys)

And So I Watch You From Afar

The Fucking Champs (Math-metal)

I've heard of Loose Lips Sink Ships, but never listened to them. I like it.

Another mostly instrumental/math rock band I found recently is Totorro

Their first album

A song from their upcoming album

I've heard of Loose Lips Sink Ships, but never listened to them. I like it.

Another mostly instrumental/math rock band I found recently is Totorro

Their first album

A song from their upcoming album

When I was waiting for your Clever Girl video to load I saw the description you posted about Jazzy-math rock and was expecting it to be "Totorro" :D

I'm not sure how I heard about them but I discovered them a month or two ago, the same day I discovered "Clever Girl"... I don't remember if they were YouTube recommendations or if I heard them on bandcamp. Either way, good stuff.

The new song sounds heavier than their first album, I like. The first album was pretty mellow.

Another great jazzy - math rock band

I don't think anyone on here likes Tera Melos, but I love them, and this is a great math-rock/punk song so I'm posting it anyways

Awesome, Piglet did release another album, I was wrong.

These guys remind me of City of Caterpillar

I forgot about this album... like a more melodic version of Godspeed You, Black Emperor (great stuff)

Back