Post Punk / Post Hardcore / Screamo / Math Core / Math Rock etc.

One of the most catchy metal/HC songs I've heard, it still manages to maintain it's brutality though.

I really liked the album Hot Damn! by Every Time I Die

Great band, I haven't checked out any of their new stuff in years, my favs,

How about some Punk-Jazz-Noise bands

Death Sentence Panda

Night Wounds

Sax Ruins

The Plot To Blow Up The Eiffel Tower (named after the crazy dude who wanted to blow up the Eiffel tower with a shoe bomb, because the lights kept him up at night :eek:)

Black Eyes (Washington's finest)

John Zorn (probably the originator of the sound)

Holy Bible (I love the crazy sax in this song, it kicks in late in the song, I'm hooked on the last half of the song)

I should post some Weasel Walter but this post is getting pretty long already, so maybe later.

I ripped some of my favourite local screamo/mathcore bands (from the 2000's) to YouTube. I doubt anyone here will know them, but they're definitely worth checking out if you're into that type of music. All of these bands would've/could've been much bigger if they had lasted longer. Raise Them And Eat Them signed to a big label, but broke up right away, forget which label it was. Separation Suicide as well. All these bands broke up like a decade ago or more.

Kill Mannequin - If Time is Money. Take My Wallet

Katja - Diapsalmata

Katja - Design for Dereliction

When I was looking for pictures to make these videos I found this one (from the show I went to) Circle Takes The Square, Japanther, Raise Them and Eat Them and Arkata. I even found the flyer, from a blog for local bands run by a guy I sort of know.
raisethemandeatthem-arkata-circletakesthesquare-tour2004.jpg

2004-10-09.jpg

Arkata - Lesbian Nerds on 10 Speeds

Raise Them And Eat Them (Short-lived supergroup featuring memebers of Katja & The Abandoned Hearts Club

The Separation Suicide - They remind me of Everytime I die, but a much more HC punk version, with less metal influence. Solid band.

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez released another new album last week, there's definitely some shades of earlier The Mars Volta on this album. His best solo album in a long time, imo.

Chelsea Wolfe - Carrion Flowers (2015)

Some instrumental Math Rock

Three Trapped Tigers - Cramm (these guys are fucking talented)

The Littlest Viking - Joe The Actor

I think these bands have been posted, but here's some songs I like by them.

Iron Lung - Plasma Seperatist (These guys are just a two piece)

Seven Days of Samsara - Forget Your Pain, and Cut to the Refrain (I Love that breakdown and solo)

Dillinger Escape Plan - Magic That I Held You Prisoner

Some more Blood Brothers side-projects

Into Violence (2016) (The most hardcore stuff any Blood Brother has ever done) This is far from their best but it's all I could find in an embeddable format)

Another Justin Pearson band

Some more duo's

Tiny Hawks - Whenzy (Another great duo, it's takes a minute to kick in, but it's worth waiting for)

Zeus - Usually they're an instrumental bass and drum duo but Justin Pearson does guest vocals on this track

Gay Witch Abortion - Action Cop (Another duo, these guys are really hit or miss but I like this song a lot)

Gigantic Brain. He makes these electronic grindcore songs on his computer

5 of my favourites, there's 99 songs on the allbum.

Gigantic Brain. He makes these electronic grindcore songs on his computer

5 of my favourites, there's 99 songs on the allbum.

Thats awesome,need to get hold of this.

You heard Noism? Same type of stuff

Thats awesome,need to get hold of this.

You heard Noism? Same type of stuff

I have a couple Noism track's on the Drum Machinegun comp on Relapse Records, but I forgot about them. Not many bands that make music like that, sadly. Here's some other cybergrind bands I like.

Dataclast - all their songs from the Drum Machinegun comp

Ocrilim Octis - 12 songs in 2 minutes...

Prosthetic Cunt

Alien Crucifixion - The Trenches of Chasma (from the Drum Machine Madness 7" on Robotic Empire, I bought this at a record store and I got the guy to put it on for me first. he was shocked that I actually paid for it, ha.

Scumfusion - Zombies

You can listen to the full Gigantic Brain album here, but there's no download option for some reason. Only his first album is like that, the rest of his albums are a very different style.
http://grindcorekaraoke.com/album/the-invasion-discography

Some of my favourite Nintendocore bands

Horse The Band (the originators of the sound)

The first t

I Set My Friends On Fire - WTFWJD?

Sky Eats Airplane - Honest Hitchhikers

Last edited:
Some more Nintendo-core bands

Antitainment (German Nintendo-Core)

Rolo Tomassi - Curby

As The World Fades - One More Game Please Mom!

An Albatross (Not really Nintendocore, but close enough)

And yet some more Nintendo-Core

I Shot The Duck Hunt Dog - The Fucking Reset Button is Jammed

Breakdance Kickboxer - Black Widow

Ditto's Blood - Dark Clouds

Elemental Plague - Prey For The Sun

Raccoon City Massacre - Loliconopohobia

Retrocious - Rising Sprites

Early Horse the Band, with a different singer

Excellent Horse the Band music video

Back