Post Punk / Post Hardcore / Screamo / Math Core / Math Rock etc.

The Blood Brothers

Black Eyes

Q and Not U

Grade

Converge

Ah, I couldn't remember who it was I was having that conversation with :p I just remembered you as the Mad Max Fury Road guy.

I wanted to add that I've seen live footage of Black Eyes before and it sounded nothing like the night I saw them. I should've mentioned they were opening for Daughters and The Abandoned Hearts Club (who are a brutally angry and heavy hardcore/metal band) so I think they really cranked up the distortion and guitar for that mini-tour. I'm not sure you got to see the same type of performance from them that I did.

My favourite Q and Not U song.

Grade were from the next city over to where I grew up. I didn't care for their last album though.

Speaking of good lyrics, and the Blood Brothers, I've always loved the line "who says being an abomination of human cartilage isn't a statement"

Ah, I couldn't remember who it was I was having that conversation with :p I just remembered you as the Mad Max Fury Road guy.

I wanted to add that I've seen live footage of Black Eyes before and it sounded nothing like the night I saw them. I should've mentioned they were opening for Daughters and The Abandoned Hearts Club (who are a brutally angry and heavy hardcore/metal band) so I think they really cranked up the distortion and guitar for that mini-tour. I'm not sure you got to see the same type of performance from them that I did.

My favourite Q and Not U song.

Grade were from the next city over to where I grew up. I didn't care for their last album though.

Speaking of good lyrics, and the Blood Brothers, I've always loved the line "who says being an abomination of human cartilage isn't a statement"

I recalled talking about Black Eyes once on here with someone, and deduced that it was with you by the time i posted.

I saw them at some college cafeteria on the Jersey Shore. It was with Q and Not U actually. I was with one of my best friends, and we later found out that his future wife was also at that show.

this thread brings back a ton of good memories. awesome songs @BeardotheWeirdo

A bunch of British bands

Rolo Tomassi (England) 2012 (This girl can scream, lover her voice)

Cutting Pink With Knives (England) 2007

Agoskodo Teliverek (England) 2008

Gay Against You (England) 2006

Capsule - You Will Need (Florida) (2005)

Off Minor - The Heat Death of the Universe (NYC)(2002)

Louise Cyphre - Your Punkrock, Our Friendship (2005)

Shikari - Robot Wars (The Netherlands)(2000)

I don't know if anyone else here likes this kind of music, but I guess I'm about to find out.

I love this stuff, overflowing with energy, madness, crazy time-changes, ear-piercing distortion, raw screaming and yelling. You generally have to listen to the guitars closely to hear everything that's going on.

La Quiete (Italy)

This is a cool video.

don't know much about screamo or hardcore, but i love the japanese band Envy (screamo/post-hardcore):

haven't listened to them in a long time, but this thread reminded me how great they are.

This is a cool video.

I like the song, I hadn't actually watched the video before. I'm glad you mentioned that. I watched it and it was pretty deep...disposable friends.

don't know much about screamo or hardcore, but i love the japanese band Envy (screamo/post-hardcore):

haven't listened to them in a long time, but this thread reminded me how great they are.

I never knew they were Japanese. it's obvious listening to the first song you posted.

I have this album, and their split 7" with This Machine Kills.
R-2307564-1300018397.jpeg.jpg

These is nothing like Envy so you might not like them, but I'll post some of my favourite Japanese bands

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (At The Drive-In / The Mars Volta / Bosnian Rainbows etc.) released two new solo albums last month, and he has another 10 coming before the end of the year. At the drive-in are writing a new album, The Mars Volta are back together, and I think Bosnian Rainbows has a new album coming out this year too. It's going to be a great year for his fans.

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Sworn Virgins [2016]

Some older stuff

Any such thread without Thrice and TREOS is lacking. TREOS' sound was truly original, particularly their first album and its layering of vocals and melodies.

Any such thread without Thrice and TREOS is lacking. TREOS' sound was truly original, particularly their first album and its layering of vocals and melodies.

They're more emo/hardcore but your posts are more than welcome here.

These are more metal-core but there's some emo parts, you might like them.

Jude The Obscure (these guys were best friends with Alexisonfire. They almost always played together.

From Autumn To Ashes

Head Wound City (featuring Cody & Jordan from The Blood Brothers, Justin & Gabe from The Locust and Nick from the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's) are back together and released a new album and cassette single in February.

Head Wound City - Scraper (2016)

Playing Enemy - Closer to Caesar (2001) I saw these guys open for Converge, this song really impressed me.

Advocate - Burrow (2002) My favourite thrash-metal/screamo/hardcore band, really catchy.

Some of the originators of the "post-hardcore/screamo" sound.

Mohinder (1994)

Antioch Arrow (1993) Ampere do a great cover of the first song

Saetia (1998)

Portraits of the Past (1996)

All the following emo/pop punk bands are playing my town in the next month or two:
Bayside
Taking Back Sunday
The Used
Thrice
The Get Up Kids
The Ataris

It's like I've been sucked into a time warp and transported back to 2003.

The Tom Schlatter megapost. He played guitar in all of these bands (and more)

You and I (1997-1999)

The Assistant (2000-2004)

This Ship Will Sink (2004-2005)

In First Person (2006-2008)

Black Kites (2008-2012)

Hell Mary (2013)

Capacities (2012 - Current) : His most recent project, similar to Ampere.

Back