Post-PRIDE Fedor is the most exciting fighter ever?

I personally like highly skilled and competitive wars. I can't say any of Fedor's fights since he left Pride are among my favorite fights. They were mostly quick and sloppy, or one-sided.

Honestly. The Jeff Monson fight was the only one I can think of that I found underwhelming. Fedor gave Monson way too much respect.

Same. Cant think of any other fedor fight that was underwhelming. Maybe his rings fight with babalu. The guy only went to decision 9 times in 43 fights and 3 of them were in rings where they had different rules.

Last edited:
Same. Cant think of any other fedor fight that was underwhelming. Maybe his rings fight with babalu. The guy only went to decision 9 times in 43 fights and 3 of them were in rings where they had different rules.
To be fair, his fight vs Jaideep Singh where he took him down and made him tap to strikes was pretty underwhelming.

To be fair, his fight vs Jaideep Singh where he took him down and made him tap to strikes was pretty underwhelming.

Yeah I always forget about that fight. But was kinda cool to see he still can take people down.

Fedor does it again, reinforcing his status as the most exciting fighter. Wild!

Did you just wake up or weren't you following MMA during the PRIDE era TS ?
That's actually one of the big reason he always was a big fan favorite.. Always comes forward, always tries to finish the fight.. Most exciting fighter in addition to being the best ...

Since PRIDE shut down his record includes the following classics:

• Frank Mir (48 second KO after getting dropped)
  • Matt Mitrione (r1 KO loss after a DOUBLE KNOCKDOWN)
  • Fabio Maldonado (one of the best displays of heart ever, after getting battered in round 1, survives and wins the next 2 rounds while basically concussed)
  • Dan Henderson (r1 KO loss after dropping hendo and taking his back...insane!)
  • Bigfoot Silva (real war and exciting fight)
  • Fabricio Werdum (r1 submission after knocking Werdum down and trying to finish him).
  • Brett Rogers (back and forth fight with beautiful and spectacular KO)
  • Andrei Arlovski (one of the most iconic flying KOs in round 1)
  • Tim Sylvia (most epic beatdown and flawless victory ever)
  • Choi Hong Man (crazy and somehow thrilling)
All of the above fights had me out of my seat at some point and that's a lot of fights.

Can anyone claim to be more exciting?
Never a dull moment with Fedor, win or loose. Also, he’s had some beautiful grappling moments in his last two fights. That cartwheel reversal last night and the judo takedown against Mir were works of art.

The most exciting fighter, if not sportsman, I've ever seen.
The only fight of his I didn't really enjoy was the Schilt fight, where he most wisely chose not to stand with the kickboxing great.
Fedor is fantastic.

He is the most exciting fighter I've even seen. Crazy that at 42 he still fights like that. Impressive!

Fedor never fights safe. He goes in for the kill. His fights are exciting to watch.

Did Fayder find the fountain of youth or something.

I thought I was watching him in PRIDE circa 2003 or something.

That was the longest first round I’ve seen in ages it was so action packed.

Did you just wake up or weren't you following MMA during the PRIDE era TS ?
That's actually one of the big reason he always was a big fan favorite.. Always comes forward, always tries to finish the fight.. Most exciting fighter in addition to being the best ...
I followed MMA during the pride era...his style is much more reckless now. He was always exciting though I agree.

I followed MMA during the pride era...his style is much more reckless now. He was always exciting though I agree.

I was saying that jokingly ;)

Yeah, I know he fights way more recklessly now, that's since he became a zealot though..
He himself stated it's basically " God will " so now the guy just threw his mixed offensive style and grappling out by the windows and just " comes to bang bro " ..
That's exactly how he lost fights like the Mitrione and Hendo ones and almost lost to Fabio...

His fights are still exciting AF though, he is fighting the perfect tier of competition so he can still win 50% of the time and it makes it for intriguing fights despite his age...

I believe so... win or lose all his fights have been amazing to watch

Since PRIDE shut down his record includes the following classics:

• Frank Mir (48 second KO after getting dropped)
  • Matt Mitrione (r1 KO loss after a DOUBLE KNOCKDOWN)
  • Fabio Maldonado (one of the best displays of heart ever, after getting battered in round 1, survives and wins the next 2 rounds while basically concussed)
  • Dan Henderson (r1 KO loss after dropping hendo and taking his back...insane!)
  • Bigfoot Silva (real war and exciting fight)
  • Fabricio Werdum (r1 submission after knocking Werdum down and trying to finish him).
  • Brett Rogers (back and forth fight with beautiful and spectacular KO)
  • Andrei Arlovski (one of the most iconic flying KOs in round 1)
  • Tim Sylvia (most epic beatdown and flawless victory ever)
  • Choi Hong Man (crazy and somehow thrilling)
All of the above fights had me out of my seat at some point and that's a lot of fights.

Can anyone claim to be more exciting?
Fedors always been the the most exciting fighter .

He was better when he wasnt such a head hunter. If he stayed with his old PRIDE style he probably wouldnt have lost to Bigfoot, Werdum or Hendo. But he's stringing good wins together years after Strikeforce. The moment he loses another fight we will see people call for him to retire.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back