Post-PRIDE Fedor is the most exciting fighter ever?

Katsumi Yamada

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Since PRIDE shut down his record includes the following classics:

• Frank Mir (48 second KO after getting dropped)
  • Matt Mitrione (r1 KO loss after a DOUBLE KNOCKDOWN)
  • Fabio Maldonado (one of the best displays of heart ever, after getting battered in round 1, survives and wins the next 2 rounds while basically concussed)
  • Dan Henderson (r1 KO loss after dropping hendo and taking his back...insane!)
  • Bigfoot Silva (real war and exciting fight)
  • Fabricio Werdum (r1 submission after knocking Werdum down and trying to finish him).
  • Brett Rogers (back and forth fight with beautiful and spectacular KO)
  • Andrei Arlovski (one of the most iconic flying KOs in round 1)
  • Tim Sylvia (most epic beatdown and flawless victory ever)
  • Choi Hong Man (crazy and somehow thrilling)
All of the above fights had me out of my seat at some point and that's a lot of fights.

Can anyone claim to be more exciting?

He's always been exciting.

Homie is 100% balls to the wall. Always looking to finish the fight.

Exciting... Is Normal when the GOAT has a fight. But nothing beats his first smashing of Nog... Plus his fights with Crocop and Hunto... #Pride Never Died !!!

You word it like he had Werdum hurt, Werdum was just baiting him and he fell for it lol. Werdum is a sneaky bastard.

I mean his fights in PRIDE were just as exciting. I guess a little less so because he fought smarter and had better defense so he was a lot more dominant but he still beat the shit out of people.

He's always been exciting.

Homie is 100% balls to the wall. Always looking to finish the fight.
I agree totally....but for some reason I think his more brawler and striking style he's shown in the cage lead to more dramatic fights, win or lose, compared to the perfection we saw prior.

Interesting. It's funny how most fans (myself included) don't even consider excitement when it comes to Fedor, because, for the past 15 years, it's been about a lot more than that when it comes to his fights. He's such a special figure that it's all about the magnitude of the big win or big loss, but when you look at the big picture, you can't deny that he's absolutely one of the most exciting fighters in the world.

You might be right. I always considered Wanderlei the most exciting fighter of all time but so many of Fedor's fights have just been wild and crazy (and violent) and especially in this time period you are referring to. You literally can't blink or look away for a second during a Fedor fight.

and JEFF MONSON? it was an awful fight

fedor ALWAYS exiting

Fedor's fights are so great that people can make a good argument that his "most exciting era" is not the one that includes the Randleman Slam, the Herring beatdown, or the Fujita near-KO comeback.

and JEFF MONSON? it was an awful fight

fedor ALWAYS exiting

Hahaha I actually like the Monson fight. I felt sorry for that guy. He looked like Mini-Me next to Fedor, and Fedor would not be taken down, and would not stay on the ground with him, and leg-kicked him into the next Republic.

I don't want to be that guy but Conor has never been in a boring fight.

Every fight of his is entertaining. Win or lose.

Fedor is the most exciting fighter ever. There is no bigger spectacle than a Fedor fight.

I love Fedor style. He doesn't fuck around. Always looking for the finish.

Honestly. The Jeff Monson fight was the only one I can think of that I found underwhelming. Fedor gave Monson way too much respect.

Back