Post one of your favorite fighters who never had a major title

Married...With Boxing

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So we can have some order, I'm saying if they didn't have IBF/WBA/WBC/WBO/Ring/Lineal and "Colored" from the old, old days, which I consider a major title, as it's the highest that could be done for most who won it. Anything else, disregard and include them if they're favorites of yours.

I'll open with David Tua. Even though he was never KO'd, even though he was considered one of the top punchers of one of the best eras, even though he had multiple chances, and even though he did demolish guys who would get a major title or had gotten a major title. . .The guy just couldn't do it on the right night. Future titlist, John Ruiz-KO1, future titlist Oleg Maskaev, TKO11, past lineal champion/future major titlist Hasim Rahman TKO10 (I know, I know), former lineal champion Michael Moorer KO1 again.

I could watch him slug for days.

Herol graham and Kirkland Laing. Both a joy to watch

Broke Listons nose. Hardest puncher of the era, possibly ever. They say it was the only fighter Sonny feared stepping into the ring against

Had an unfortunate incident with a polis who shot him causing permanent damage to one of his legs.

Liston fought him before the injury!!

I wish people posted more fights of his like Terell-Williams 1

Did Micky Ward ever get a major title? WBU? Does that count?

Did Micky Ward ever get a major title? WBU? Does that count?

With no disrespect to Ward, outside of making a nice movie arc, no, I'd keep it at the ones I mentioned. There are so many unheralded ABC titles out there, have to draw a line somewhere.

mmmm.

Herol Graham probably

Oddly enough Matthysee first World title was the welterweight WBA belt he just won this year. Before that no world titles...

Kinda would of thought that Martin Murray would have snagged one of the MW belts at some point

daves sands. although i think he held the old fashioned empire middleweight title at one stage.

Sam Langford, I guess. Charley Burley and Jimmy Bivins also come to mind.

More recently, Herrol Graham and Oba Carr.

George benton, Bennie Briscoe, and Lloyd Marshall

Sam Langford, I guess. Charley Burley and Jimmy Bivins also come to mind.

More recently, Herrol Graham and Oba Carr.

Oh, I guess Langford got himself the HW Colored title in his days.

Back