Post newbie cardio program

Ilk

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Few months ago I asked for a newbie cardio program and goals one should follow. Most suggested that 3x30 mins running is a fine base and a goal to reach.

I followed this till I reached that goal.

I am past that phace now. I am just returning from some travelling and I am well rested. Before that I had 3x soccer try out games for 1 hour with amateur footballer where I did fine. However they still did not recruit me due to bad cardio.

Now I would like to go a bit more advanced. Keep in mind I do 2-4x strengh training and 2-4 x kick boxing depending on time.

What should be my next goal and how should I progress to there.

Work toward a best time on 100 burpees.

I started doing this a while back, and honestly, getting better at burpees made everything else easier. Took my cardio to another level.

Few months ago I asked for a newbie cardio program and goals one should follow. Most suggested that 3x30 mins running is a fine base and a goal to reach.

I followed this till I reached that goal.

I am past that phace now. I am just returning from some travelling and I am well rested. Before that I had 3x soccer try out games for 1 hour with amateur footballer where I did fine. However they still did not recruit me due to bad cardio.

Now I would like to go a bit more advanced. Keep in mind I do 2-4x strengh training and 2-4 x kick boxing depending on time.

What should be my next goal and how should I progress to there.

I assume that since you're playing soccer you'd like to get better at running generally and sub maximal sprinting in particular? How much time, how many times a week do you have to work with?

Maybe an intermediate 10k training plan? On the speed day do a soccer sprinting workout. Since you may not fit the exact discription of an intermediate runner, make smaller distance increases week to week.

I would suggest working one of those runs up to 1 hr, and one of those days focus on speed/sprinting work. Plus of course still play plenty of soccer.

I'm inclined to agree with the above. The easy answer would be an intermediate 5k or 10 program, which would have a structure of something like Interval day/ active recovery/ Tempo Run/ Long-ass run

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back