Post a better MMA finish than this.....

giphy.gif
Barbarian Bitch Toss 2018!

xxeVh.gif

You can't.

Rampage is a LEGEND, one of my top 3 favourite fighters of all time after McGOAT and the real GOAT GSP.

Flying scissor heel hook against Anderson Silva is just as good. One is amazing power, one is brilliant technique.

I have always been suspicious that this was a work.

1- Its Pride
2- Anderson basically just stands there and makes no attempt to get his leg free.
3- Anderson was the favorite so big money to be made.
4- Been watching MMA 20+ years, can't recall that move ever working
5- Anderson's incredibly dramatic Pro Wrestling style acting
I dont think he had time to react. He had beat chonan up for the whole fight until then. I cant imagine someone would get pounded on for almost 15 then do that. It was pure luck to catvh him really, and took anderson by suprise. Everyone by suprise. Plus we now know andersons weak points are mostly his brittle legs.

I dont think he had time to react. He had beat chonan up for the whole fight until then. I cant imagine someone would get pounded on for almost 15 then do that. It was pure luck to catvh him really, and took anderson by suprise. Everyone by suprise. Plus we now know andersons weak points are mostly his brittle legs.
Maybe. I'm not saying I'm certain, just that I'm suspicious and your post would represent the other possibility.

Even so....

Given the choice between:

Anderson froze in the moment whilst caught off guard, surprised by a really random extremely low percentage flying sub

Or

Some shady shit went on in PrideFC

I still tend to trust my instincts that it just doesn't add up.

Even by Occam's razor I feel that shady goings on is more likely than Ryo Chonan flying scissor heel hook to instantly excruciatingly painful perfectly locked in heel hook (with zero readjustment needed, he just magically jumped into the exact perfect position). It looks like a pro wrestling move, or some weird bullshido TMA nerve pinch/pressure point KO, in that I don't see how it would ever work if the person isn't standingnperfectly still allowing you to do whatever you want to them and likely even playing along.

If that was legit it was a 1 in a billion sub.

It's "Mic" and that clip is not even in discussion for best finish lol
That clip is without question in the discussion for best finish and has a great argument for best submission.

Maybe. I'm not saying I'm certain, just that I'm suspicious and your post would represent the other possibility.

Even so....

Given the choice between:

Anderson froze in the moment whilst caught off guard, surprised by a really random extremely low percentage flying sub

Or

Some shady shit went on in PrideFC

I still tend to trust my instincts that it just doesn't add up.

Even by Occam's razor I feel that shady goings on is more likely than Ryo Chonan flying scissor heel hook to instantly excruciatingly painful perfectly locked in heel hook (with zero readjustment needed, he just magically jumped into the exact perfect position). It looks like a pro wrestling move, or some weird bullshido TMA nerve pinch/pressure point KO, in that I don't see how it would ever work if the person isn't standingnperfectly still allowing you to do whatever you want to them and likely even playing along.

If that was legit it was a 1 in a billion sub.
I know for a fact that a silva had a knee injury going into that fight, so maybe he tapped fast to avoid ripping his knee off. Who knows, just seems pretty strange to take a beating for 24.8 min then all the sudden the other guy throws the fight. U would think ryo would have done in in first 5 min if it was arranged. Im not saying pride or even the ufc havent ever had shady shit, just dont think thats too shady if u watch the entire fight.
So i just rewatched the fight. Silva was losing, he had injured right leg that ryo kept attacking. With anderson almost knocking him out in the first minute of the fight. No way that was a work. Anderson basically needed a ko or sub to win. Ryo actually tried the same move a few minutes earlier and missed. I think it was a combo of anderson having been kicked and injured on the right knee area, and ryo was training that move. If u watch the backstage after fight stuff andeson is literally crying. It was his first loss. Fun fact... A silva was working at mcdonalds prior to the fight...

Last edited:
I know for a fact that a silva had a knee injury going into that fight, so maybe he tapped fast to avoid ripping his knee off. Who knows, just seems pretty strange to take a beating for 24.8 min then all the sudden the other guy throws the fight. U would think ryo would have done in in first 5 min if it was arranged. Im not saying pride or even the ufc havent ever had shady shit, just dont think thats too shady if u watch the entire fight.
So i just rewatched the fight. Silva was losing, he had injured right leg that ryo kept attacking. With anderson almost knocking him out in the first minute of the fight. No way that was a work. Anderson basically needed a ko or sub to win. Ryo actually tried the same move a few minutes earlier and missed. I think it was a combo of anderson having been kicked and injured on the right knee area, and ryo was training that move. If u watch the backstage after fight stuff andeson is literally crying. It was his first loss. Fun fact... A silva was working at mcdonalds prior to the fight...

Crazy to think that during a time that many fans consider the "golden age of MMA" a guy who already had a win over the #1p4p fighter in MMA would be working at McDonalds.

I've seen the whole fight. It has admittedly been about 10 years since I saw the fight but I remember it being a war and being surprised at how well Chonan did in the striking.

I recall Anderson having early success and then losing exchanges with chonan and it feels weird typing that (Anderson losing striking to Chonan) but that is how I remember it. I've never seen the backstage footage, but anderson should have been crying after that if it wasn't a work, with the skills he had (even at that time) he had no business losing to Chonan.

Injury makes sense, I guess, but I've never seen that move work in an MMA fight other than that (I'm sure there are examples I just don't recall seeing them). Him standing still and then tapping faster than I've seen anyone tap to a heel hook (including Palhares fights...)

It's bizarre.

Last edited:
Crazy to think that during a time that many fans consider the "golden age of MMA" a guy who already had a win over the #1p4p fighter in MMA would be working at McDonalds.

I've seen the whole fight. It has admittedly been about 10 years since I saw the fight but I remember it being a war and being surprised at how well Chonan did in the striking.

I recall Anderson having early success and then losing exchanges with chonan and it feels weird typing that (Anderson losing striking to Chonan) but that is how I remember it. I've never seen the backstage footage, but anderson should have been crying after that if it wasn't a work, with the skills he had (even at that time) he had no business losing to Chonan.

Injury makes sense, I guess, but I've never seen that move work in an MMA fight other than that (I'm sure there are examples I just don't recall seeing them). Him standing still and then tapping faster than I've seen anyone tap to a heel hook (including Palhares fights...)

It's bizarre.
I agree it was bizarre . And we probably wont see it in high level mma again soon. Ryo said if he fouvht anderson later in his career he would get killed. I think abdersons mind wasnt really on the game so much, with the split from chute boxe and all the bs he was going thru. I still dont think it was a work tho and never will.

Back