Pose method of running

it's a silly premise to begin with, how would one NOT rely on gravity? You have no choice in the matter. All that would lead to is people leaning too far forward and would lead to severe backside mechanics because now the center of ones gravity is placed further forward from the hips.
Yeah it's about the push, not catching yourself falling. Relying on gravity seems like a terrible cue.

Yeah it's about the push, not catching yourself falling. Relying on gravity seems like a terrible cue.

It is a horrible cue. Falling starts will suffice.

it's a silly premise to begin with, how would one NOT rely on gravity? You have no choice in the matter. All that would lead to is people leaning too far forward and would lead to severe backside mechanics because now the center of ones gravity is placed further forward from the hips.
Exactly. Like the squat. Of course you use your hips, dummy. But if you tell people to focus on their hips, they end up in a goodmorning. Its part of the process, but requires a better analogy.

Exactly. Like the squat. Of course you use your hips, dummy. But if you tell people to focus on their hips, they end up in a goodmorning. Its part of the process, but requires a better analogy.

Falling starts is the best training methodology for this purpose. Hill sprints is another which trains acceleration phase, muscle strengthening of the quads and other neuromuscular factors of the body while the coach can see sprint mechanics in motion to make any tweeks accordingly.

Upright sprint positions during top speed is all technique and mobility. Stay on top of stretches, strengthen accordingly and your brain will find its sweet spot to display it's power. These cues lead to a lot of paralysis by analysis.

Falling starts is the best training methodology for this purpose. Hill sprints is another which trains acceleration phase, muscle strengthening of the quads and other neuromuscular factors of the body while the coach can see sprint mechanics in motion to make any tweeks accordingly.

Upright sprint positions during top speed is all technique and mobility. Stay on top of stretches, strengthen accordingly and your brain will find its sweet spot to display it's power. These cues lead to a lot of paralysis by analysis.

I love the falling start drill. I do also like hills, but most of the time we're inside or on a track. I'm also very particular about my kids' doing their A's and B's properly.

Back