Pose method of running

MaxMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is all about. I thought my running technique was pretty solid, but I'm always open for improvement if it's needed. I checked out the website, but you can't get any of the meat n' potatoes videos without buying a subscription.

Without even getting into the "Pose method" I usually just job/sprint mostly on the balls of my feet, keeping my steps as light as possible for the speed im trying to generate.

I don't know much, if anything about the Pose method. I'm sure its something you can learn from watching a few YouTube videos. Relying solely on gravity to propel you forward seems pretty dubious. However I'm coming at this from a mostly sprinter's perspective.

Last edited:
Anyone know what this is all about. I thought my running technique was pretty solid, but I'm always open for improvement if it's needed. I checked out the website, but you can't get any of the meat n' potatoes videos without buying a subscription.

Without even getting into the "Pose method" I usually just job/sprint mostly on the balls of my feet, keeping my steps as light as possible for the speed im trying to generate.
From what little I know, sprinting should always use the forefoot otherwise the speed will be too low to be considered sprinting.
POSE/Chi forms are supposed to help runners get good running form that is mechanically efficient to make it easier to run faster/further. Theres lots of videos on youtube that you can assess if its worth the money for professional training in the method.

Nothing but quackery. Let us move on to better resolutions for our wonderful cortex's Mr Dope.

LOL
I looked it up and felt the same. As a fellow sprinter (now a has been, never was), I'd be interested in your thoughts.

i am too old (dumb) for this bullshitt haha
It reminds me of this site I used to waste time on called stregthcoach.com or something. It was basically track events and a baseball homerun derby for finger eye coordination, and speed... Way too much fun

you should show up in the sport bar when the world T&F championships or Olympics are on. We talk sprints there.

BTW, Wayde Van Neikerk is the man.
Most impressive.
I was actually a high jumper but could run a decent 4 and could hold my own in the long and triple. My bro coaches 2 paraloympians right now. One was actually on one the promotional banners for Athletics Canada during Brazil. And I think he was on a Canadian Tire commercial. Funny thing is that the kid didn't even get to go. (personal reasons)

LOL
I looked it up and felt the same. As a fellow sprinter (now a has been, never was), I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Highschool sprint coaches can teach fundamentals. With basic drills to get the technique down. This pose method nonsense does not fot into the many variations of body types that want to move fast.

Highschool sprint coaches can teach fundamentals. With basic drills to get the technique down. This pose method nonsense does not fot into the many variations of body types that want to move fast.

our high school track coach was a sprint coach at an earlier Olympics.

our high school track coach was a sprint coach at an earlier Olympics.

Often times you will find high school coaches are more invested in theor athletes doing more with less due to a lack of resources. This leaves them to be creative and broaden their skillsets to bestow upon the youthful aspiring sprinters. They also heavily focus on the fundamentals and techniques.

I think the whole premise of relying on gravity is a confusing cue to use.

Reminds me of Rippetoe's heeip drahve

Often times you will find high school coaches are more invested in theor athletes doing more with less due to a lack of resources. This leaves them to be creative and broaden their skillsets to bestow upon the youthful aspiring sprinters. They also heavily focus on the fundamentals and techniques.

My sprint coach was a CFL special teams player. Great athlete, not that great at coaching. When I competed with the city team I was lucky enough to have an ex-Olympian, and same in University (for High Jump).

I think the whole premise of relying on gravity is a confusing cue to use.

Reminds me of Rippetoe's heeip drahve

it's a silly premise to begin with, how would one NOT rely on gravity? You have no choice in the matter. All that would lead to is people leaning too far forward and would lead to severe backside mechanics because now the center of ones gravity is placed further forward from the hips.

I subscribe to the 'just get it done method.' It works for me.

Back