Popular games of the past that you just couldn’t play

Possibly. Seems obvious, but we all have our different tastes in games. Though I will say the jump in quality is damn near 100% imo. From the graphics, to the fluidity of gameplay and writing. All were such a huge leap forward. I will say they did dumb down the leveling system and rpg aspects. I think it made for a much more polished and fun experience though. Probing planets was about the only thing I didnt care for.

They are cheap ass hell now, so you dont have much to lose besides 5 bucks and a few hours.
Normally that setup (space setting/atmosphere/aliens) is the perfect game to me. But something just wasn't there for me in the first one. I'll check the 2nd one out. And especially since they are so cheap now. I spend $10 max on games. I haven't had a working disc drive in a while so I just go to the PS store and buy the cheapest 5 year old game I want. At the moment my PS3 no longer has a working HDMI port though.

Any Call of Duty or Battlefield game that everyone loved. The same goes for Counterstrike. I just can’t get into FPS.

Great, so I just shoot guys on the other team? Ok, then what? I keep doing it over and over until I’m bored? I guess I’m already done then.

Any Call of Duty or Battlefield game that everyone loved. The same goes for Counterstrike. I just can’t get into FPS.

Great, so I just shoot guys on the other team? Ok, then what? I keep doing it over and over until I’m bored? I guess I’m already done then.
They do have campaigns you know(or at least they used to haven’t played any of those in years)

I got burnt out on multiplayer back in the quake 2 days and pretty much only play campaigns.

I played the doom 2016 multiplayer for about 2 hrs one night and never went back to it.

The last game I played a bit more multiplayer on since quake and unreal tournament was Jedi Acadamy. I owned fools for a day or so before I got bored.

They do have campaigns you know(or at least they used to haven’t played any of those in years)

I got burnt out on multiplayer back in the quake 2 days and pretty much only play campaigns.

I played the doom 2016 multiplayer for about 2 hrs one night and never went back to it.

The last game I played a bit more multiplayer on since quake and unreal tournament was Jedi Acadamy. I owned fools for a day or so before I got bored.

The campaigns are the same shit with a script.
I did enjoy the original Ghost Recon though, before it was made into a linear level shooter where bad guys spawned as your reached checkpoints.

It was great. You were dropped into an open world and enemies were already there, not waiting for you to hit a certain checkpoint to spawn. You had to have a good strategy and execute it carefully. My friend and I played co-op all the time. I still remember that we couldn’t beat the Vilnius stage on hard.

The game is super dated now. But it was great for the time.

Dark Souls

Would have been all about it as a teenager but not in my 30's

I know i'll need a flame suit but Red Dead Redemption. I didn't really give it enough of a chance admittedly but it just didn't suck me in in the beginning.

Also another game that came out a while back was Deus Ex Machina 2. I was super excited and bought it when it came out, but it just wasn't what I had expected.

XCOM. I've always had a tough time getting into turn based games but I still swear I'm gonna get into these games one day.

I bought Dragon Age Inquisitions, but I just couldn't get myself to play it. It's been sitting there for a good year now at least.

Every single Battlefield game

COD ain't even that good but the worst COD still shits on the best Battlefield

Love the Saints Row series and Skyrim but I've never been able to get into GTA, Red Dead, Fallout, or Fable.

I don't find any joy in playing the vast majority of FPS games like COD, etc. World at War was okay, but couldn't stand MW2 and basically every COD game that came after it. Halo is fine I suppose, though I haven't played any Halo games in ages.

Well, it's essentially a big ass dungeon crawler. It's a bit like Borderlands in that the emphasis is on loot more than anything. If you're playing it as a traditional story based FPS, and were expecting some tight narrative to drive you forward, it probably just isn't for you. The point of the game is merely to improve your character's stats and gear, and fight progressively tougher mobs. It's repetitive by nature, and if you find no satisfaction in constantly tweaking your character, and looking for more loot to do so, it's probably just not your cup of tea.
This. Destiny also has the best core FPS mechanics ever made imo.

I don't play games designed with only a first person view, so I miss out on a lot of popular, highly rated games.

GTA and Red Dead.
Oddly enough, I liked Bully and The Warriors.

Fallout and Morrowwind and other stuff like that.

I don't have time to put 100 hours into a game. I'd rather play something thats 5-15 hours where they put a lot more effort into making those fewer hours more exciting and eventful,than these big games where they give you shitloads of more boring quests. I don't need a game to offer me 100 hours of entertainment, I have money and I don't have the time or want to invest all that time into a game, so I go for quality over quantity.

Last edited:
Well, it's essentially a big ass dungeon crawler. It's a bit like Borderlands in that the emphasis is on loot more than anything. If you're playing it as a traditional story based FPS, and were expecting some tight narrative to drive you forward, it probably just isn't for you. The point of the game is merely to improve your character's stats and gear, and fight progressively tougher mobs. It's repetitive by nature, and if you find no satisfaction in constantly tweaking your character, and looking for more loot to do so, it's probably just not your cup of tea.

I didn’t really appreciate this going into Destiny, so after playing the shit out of it from July to about October of 2015 I got really sick of it to the point I never wanted to touch it again and have zero interest to play Destiny 2, the Division or Anthem if that also turns out to be the same style of game.

It’s weird because I never had a problem playing Diablo II for like years back in the day but can’t do it for Destiny.

All the fancy SNES rpg games that everybody raves about, Final Fantasy, Earthbound, etc. Im already not a big fan of those type games but none of the SNES rpgs can hold a candle to Phantasy Star IV or Shining Force on Sega.

The Fallout franchise.

I liked the first Halo, but never got into that franchise either. Just didn't do it for me.

CoD, although I thoroughly enjoyed World at War.

Borderlands

Fable

Gran Turismo

Gears of War

and lots of others. A lot of popular games I simply didn't get the chance to play though. I'd love to play all the Zelda games but I'm not interested in buying a bunch of Nintendo systems, or any consoles in general.

Back